Seat belt recall?

My truck has the seat belt connector recall like many other trucks. I was wondering what they do to modify it. If someone has a picture that would be helpful.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had mine done yesterday and I was not happy at all. My understanding is they put in some bracket to keep the tensioner cable from rubbing (I could be wrong here). However, to facilitate this, the rubber flaps where the left side of the driver seatbelt go into the seat trim are trimmed out. This is where I have my issue, it looks like they trimmed them out with a dull box cutter, its a total mess. I am waiting to hear back to see how they are going to rectify this, I voiced how this was totally unacceptable on an almost $50k truck, it looks that bad. When I get a chance I will snap a pic.

If you are going to get this recall, I strongly urge anyone to bring this up prior to getting the service done.

Edit: Pics added

Driver side:

med_gallery_138624_4182_2945749.jpg

med_gallery_138624_4182_3537602.jpg

med_gallery_138624_4182_3859728.jpg

Untouched passenger side for comparison:

med_gallery_138624_4182_4310382.jpg

Thats what I was kinda worried about. When I read the solution for it, and when it said they would be trimming something, thats why I thought I'd ask here. Im taking my truck in on w Wednesday for the hitch recall and the seat belt. But before they start trimming stuff im going to make sure they show me what they are going to do.

Anyone else have this done? I want to hear what others have experienced. If they're going to make a hack job out of it im going to tell them to forget it.

When I was uploading the above pics to the gallery I did notice another set of recent pictures on the gallery page from another forum member that seemed to have a cut job worse than mine.

When I was uploading the above pics to the gallery I did notice another set of recent pictures on the gallery page from another forum member that seemed to have a cut job worse than mine.

Do you you have a link to the pics your talking about? Doesnt sound like im going to do it if it's going to look bad.

They did mine last week. I didnt even look at it until I saw the picture above. Mine looks like they let a blind two year old use a spoon to cut mine. To be honest Im not even mad at the dealer, they only did what Chevy instructed, a very half assed fix. I'll be getting this addressed by Chevy via the dealer somehow. What a joke of a "fix".

That's what I was afraid of. Their so called remedy looks like shit! From the pictures I'm trying to understand why the need to cut. I don't see any actual seat belt material exposed where chafing would occur.

Archived