All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. my 2020, 2022 and 2023 all have the growl.....its normal on HD trucks
  4. no roof marker lights on mine as well, manage to purchase 3 of these trucks and not one of em had them......am sure they are more popular in the midwest or south much moreso than out west
  5. have bought several trucks out of state......4 in the last few years, warranty is the same regardless of where you buy and frankly in my experience they can give 2 ****** where you purchased from......service work is service work and big moneymaker for any dealer some dealers only trade with certain ones so it would have to be in their " network" so to speak....at least here on west coast anyway i would have no issue driving the 4hrs to get the truck personally
  6. Going with Rancho RS7MT (linear piston) They also have a 15% off right now. Similar to Blistein 5100 (digressive piston) but a little softer. Either mono tube will be better than the stock AT4 Rancho twin tube. If I run across any DSSV takes offs at a deal, I would love to try them.
  7. Going with Rancho RS7MT (linear piston) They also have a 15% off right now. Similar to Blistein 5100 (digressive piston) but a little softer. Either mono tube will be better than the stock AT4 Rancho twin tube. But all depends on what your usage is…
  8. I think it’s interesting but I think if you toss one on a port injected engine you will also get liquid in the can.
  9. Dealer trades happen all the time. The problem is that if someone (you) show interest in a truck, the dealer is unlikely to trade it.
  10. The truck has the oem puck hitch. My b&w ball will spin in the hole. Nothing keeps it from spinning when locked in, just a detent ball that keeps it from lifting out. I would like to load the bed with weight during the winter months and don't want a heavy unsecured load. I would insert 4 eye hooks buried in the concrete to lift with shop crane. I just don't "see" what keeps the conversion from turning. Is there something from the conversion rails that slip into the puck holes? If it's just a large shaft that falls into the ball hole and nothing is inserted into the puck holes where the safety chains normally hook, I'll just continue with my own design. I was hoping there was something like the GEN-Y's goosepuck uses...
  11. Sorry to revive an old thread, but what ended up being the issue? My 2016 with e-assist is doing the exact same thing and the dealer hasn't been able to figure it out for 2 months now.
  12. Might as well wake this up......... ... Quite the discussion. ... 2024 6.6 gasser, first oil change at 5,200. I deiced to skip the first free one as i didnt want them touching the pickup. ... We all have our thoughts. I am NOT trying to push my thoughts or sell a product. I have found what i like and works for me and my reasons. ... I have used reusable oil filters on 3 different Harley Davidsons, actually the same filter on the 3 and a drop in reusable on a Kawasaki KLR 650. Motorcycles. ... The HUBB is my second use on a vehicle i have used one on. The second being this new pickup. ... This isnt being posted for argument or negative debate, just to show the world of oil filters is not flat, and venturing out of it one wont fall off the world.
  13. Found a Chevy RST that I liked but it had cloth seats and wanted leather. There are a few aftermarket shops that offer leather that the dealer worked with to change out and wasn't too bad. -grover67
  14. I have a 2020 Chevrolet 2500HD, my tail lights & side marker light doesn't work. But everything else works R&L turn signals, brakes lights & brake all work. I have no power on #4 on either plug. The one in the bed is the same as the bumper, no power on #4 tail lights & markers. The is fuse (#41) is good, also put anew in still nothing. Any suggestions?
  15. Mine which is on my 2016 is also a 6L80 and just failed at 96,000 miles. And if you search through this forum, you will find many other 6L80 failures as well. According to what I have found, GM is aware of the problem and just chooses to ignore it. Surprisingly, mine gave no warning that it was failing. Although I tend to have the tunes on all the time while driving so maybe I just didn't hear it. I do recall the rpms jump a little on a few occasions but nothing that seemed out of place. Many have said that the torque converters on these are a poor design and a disaster waiting to happen. If you catch it soon enough before the torque converter fails, you can probably save the transmission. when it fails, it sheds all kinds of metallic shavings into the transmission and then you have no choice but to rebuild it replace it. You can tell if this is happening by dropping the transmission pan and seeing if there are any metal shavings in there. If you're lucky, you won't find any and then think about replacing torque converter with a quality aftermarket one. Some have suggested getting a billet one. Just wanted to add, my 2016 is still covered by the GM Protection Plan. It saved the day a couple weeks ago when my trans failed and they covered the replacement. Because of this, I have only done mild mods to mine. But I was warned that if during inspection if I had oversized tires (mine are just 275/60R20 instead of 275/55R20 so a slight oversize) and/or lift kit, they would have voided my plan and denied the approval to fix. I was told that oversized tires and lift kits put too much strain on the drive train. I'm guessing though that you have no warranty coverage so repairs are on you. But with you re-gearing I will bet that helps some...
  16. I have done this on a previous generation GMC. It was a full day job. The factory heated seats will not be a problem. The manufacturer will usually steer you to right fit by year, make, model, body and trim level.
  17. Yesterday
  18. A GM dealer is a GM dealer, they will do the service work no matter what. They don't care where the vehicle was bought when it come to service work or warranty work, so long as it is still under warranty. Around here it's unlikely that a dealer will move cars between them. Maybe if it's owned by the same owner but still unlikely.
  19. Not unusual for a dealer to make a trade with another dealer to get the vehicle you want. Ask your local dealer if they are willing to do it.
  20. I laid on the ground looked under with flashlight and saw 1 rib/fin from pinion to top so according to photo it is AAM. GM one has what looks to be 4 rib/fin. Last Saturday i towed my 2500lb trailer on the highway, my 4WD was on due to snow on the roads when i first started driving my 55 mile trip, about 1/2 home it went to some slush then basically wet roads. When roads were down to wet i picked up speed as did other traffic, i was doing 75 with zero vibration.......in 4wd high. Today i installed new oem rear rotors (dial indicator did not move clamped to jack stand with rear axle in D in garage) although inside of rotors did have alot of buildup no issues found. Took a ride on the highway in 2wd and i will say still 95% no vibration felt, nothing in the seat a tiny tiny bit in arm rests but that could have been regular road conditions all though smooth not perfect. Don't know if fluke or 4wd at higher speed had loosened/warmed up something or what, in winter 4wd is use often but not highway speeds. No idea what changed to make it better. Going on a trip south in several weeks will report back what happens.
  21. Hey everyone, I have a 17 crew cab slt 4WD z71 with 175k. Had Bilsteins 5100s on since 25k and they’re shot. looking for new top mounts, springs, bumper, isolator, and another set of 5100s. Looking for insight on everything needed to make up a set of complete struts so I can just swap them out as an assembly. trying to find the correct springs without any luck. My suspension code is 6F1 and 7F1. 3GTU2NEC0HG239633 any help would be appreciated. thanks mike
  22. Okay here goes with more questions . Not sure what buying is like down in the USA as this pertains to me in Canada Lets say you cant find what your looking for in a truck locally but see trucks you are interested on sealers lots 4 hours away .What is the warranty service like if you buy from said dealer but now you need warranty work done locally . Can that be a pain ? I have a new dealership that just opened up 15 minutes away Also has anyone approached a local dealer and mentioned Hey you don't have anything on your lot but there's something I like at a dealers lot 4 hours away . how does that work ? As the local dealer has said they can bring one in from another dealer . I have been emailing with the dealer that is 4 hours away . Just don't want to cause any problems with the local dealer . Thank You !
  23. Hey Folks, I have a 2020 Sierra 1500 Elevation extended cab. I am thinking about swapping the seats with AT4 or Denali trim seats. I have few questions. 1. Has any one ever done this before ? 2. Are the connectors for seats same as Elevation on other trims? 3. Will my heated seats still work ? 4. Are the rear seats in an extended cab and crew cab same size ? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
  24. My radio works fine till you start the engine and then it starts popping but you turn it off it works fine
  25. Just heard from the dealer and the engineer was there and remotely checked my truck from 60 miles away. They are going to try to replace the body control module to see if that helps. I will hear from them some time next week.
  26. Will a utility bed from a 2011 chevy 2500 long box fit a 2018 gmc 2500 long box ?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.