2016 Yukon Denali Ringing Noise under mild/moderate acceleration

Here is an update. I now have over 4500 miles. I referenced the video when I took the survey for my new vehicle. GMC Early Response contacted me and setup another appointment with Ewing Buick GMC service department. Much better experience this time. To resolve this, they replaced the fuel feed pipe due to the fuel feed pipe check valve being stuck. This is a known issue for some vehicles and referenced in bulletin PIP9395A. The harsh , annoying ringing/humming heard in the video is gone. I now only hear what is likely the sound of the flapper valve in the exhaust and that is tolerable (as opposed to droning in V4 mode).

They also fixed an issue where the plastic part above the rear glass was rubbing when opening and closing by applying a piece of felt. Lastly they adjusted the liftgate to stop a squeek/rattle I've had since just a few thousand miles.

Much happier with my Denali now.

• Like 1

I have a 2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali 6.2l with this same type of noise going on. it is intermittent, as it wont do it all the time. Under acceleration it will rattle, ring, as soon as you let off throttle it quits. I have checked numerous items and i am stumped. My exhaust does NOT have the valve assembly by the muffler, so this is not it.

Can someone let me know if this bulletin for fuel pipe relate a 2014? Can someone post the bulletin?

I am at 30000 miles so i need to get back in to dealer soon. Anyone have any ideas as to what else i can have them look for? As usual they could not find anything the last time it was in.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is an update...

-- I'm correcting the previous post with the corrected PIP5395A since I can no longer edit.

Here is an update. I now have over 4500 miles. I referenced the video when I took the survey for my new vehicle. GMC Early Response contacted me and setup another appointment with Ewing Buick GMC service department. Much better experience this time. To resolve this, they replaced the fuel feed pipe due to the fuel feed pipe check valve being stuck. This is a known issue for some vehicles and referenced in bulletin PIP5395A. The harsh , annoying ringing/humming heard in the video is gone. I now only hear what is likely the sound of the flapper valve in the exhaust and that is tolerable (as opposed to droning in V4 mode).

They also fixed an issue where the plastic part above the rear glass was rubbing when opening and closing by applying a piece of felt. Lastly they adjusted the liftgate to stop a squeek/rattle I've had since just a few thousand miles.

Much happier with my Denali now.

Edited by Denali Drivin' Dad

• 3 weeks later...

HI all, I am close to trying to bring my denali in for this annoying ringing noise.. Mine is 2014 yukon xl with the 6.2l. Does this fuel f line part pertain to the 2014? I want to try and have them look at everything possible as it is intermittent and I am afraid they will not hear it all the time.

Anyone got any ideas to give them to check??

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a dealership to figure out my ringing rattle while driving! I am thrilled this truck rides so quiet now. It was a bracket for the vent hose on the top of the transfer case that was bent and loose. The service tech was awesome, he kept on going to look for it and finally found it after a lot of work and test drives.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/8/2016 at 4:50 PM, Shawn Stephens said:

My 2016 Yukon Denali is exhibiting a ringing noise upon mild to moderate acceleration. I have upload a video to YouTube and added annotations to demonstrate. I first noticed the issue at about 600 miles and it now has 2660 miles at the time of this post.

It occurs between 1000 and 3000 RPMs and below 45 mph. Above that I cannot hear it. It only occurs when in gear. Revving in neutral does not produce the sound.

I've taken it into Ewing Buick GMC in Plano twice with no resolution. The first time the service advisor rode with me and heard it. The technician rode with me and said he heard nothing abnormal for these engines.

The second time, a different technician rode with me. He couldn't hear it. Both techs say these engines make all kinds of noises. This is frustrating because GMC advertises active-noise cancelation and makes it seem like the vehicle is much quieter than it actually is.

I've now made this video and it is very evident. It sounds like under load air is ringing through the exhaust. It sounds similar to the resonance created when rubbing wet fingers around the lip of a wine glass. The hotter the air temp, the louder the noise. It was 100 F outside when I took this video.

I've ran 93 octane from Top Tier stations since purchase. I've filled up mostly at Shell and Costco (both top tier). I even tried QuickTrip who has "guaranteed gas". It happens regardless.

Anyone else have this issue and have you resolved it? Any thoughts on what it might be?

Edited by TOROGUY
Did not see the other posts with the resolution. Sorry.