Which Of These 3 Bed Covers And Why?

I'm looking for a good quality roll up cover. Doing a ton of reading im down to these 3:

1) Truxedo Lo Pro QT: Click here for details

Price: $475

Features: Uses Velcro, Latches, Automatic Tension Adjustment

2) Extang Revolution: Click here for details

Price: $420

Features: No snaps or Velcro, Dual sealing system, Latches, Manual Tension Adjustment

3) Access Lorado: Click here for details

Price: $450

Features: No snaps, Velcro?, Auto Latch, Slide lock EZ-Dial Tension Adjustment

I'd appreciate pictures and input on these 3 covers. I ruled out other soft roll up covers due to lack of features. I don't want another folding cover... I have the Bakflip HD and the reason I need a roll up cover is because of how I have my bike rack setup. Also, Im a big fan of retractable covers but im trying to be money conscious.

Here's my current setup:

July31007.jpg

July31002.jpg

Truxedo, i have put 100's of these on GMT-900's and they are the best by far, i have also put on the other 2 so i know exactly what im talking about.. Truxedo is also backed by a lifetime warranty, they are very tight too which is good, its like a big drum on your box.

Plus, it sits on the inside of of the bed rails so you wouldn't have to take your bike rack off, and it would be low enough to roll up under the bike rack as well.

yeah, there's so many around that is really hard to make a decision, I have had Truxedo and Access and they are both great covers, but I prefer Access, the lock mechanism is much better IMHO.

yeah, there's so many around that is really hard to make a decision, I have had Truxedo and Access and they are both great covers, but I prefer Access, the lock mechanism is much better IMHO.

I hear that. I ended up making an Excel spreadsheet with all of the covers I was considering and their respective prices (base price), and other notes, and came down to the 3 above. I started with over 10 covers though :(

Thanks Riggs. Does the auto-tension feature of the Lo Pro QT keep it really tight and last long? One reason I was leaning towards the Lorado was because of the manual tension adjustment....

its not really a auto tension... you also have manual adjustment..

the header peice clips onto the side rails and is free to slide so it auto adjust to what you set it as, there are big threaded rods about 3" long on both side rails that give you about 1.5" of adjustment there are some pics on the website if you dont understand what i mean at first.

and about it lasting long, we haven't had anybody come back in with an issue even though Wisconsin winters, just some little things broke but it was cause there was ice freezing it and people force things and they break..

Cool, thanks man. I took another look at their website and see what you mean about the tensioner. Since it said "auto tension" i figured that was a coil sprung piston of some sort, didnt realize it was a threaded rod.

.... TruXedo also used the right truck for their website:

feature-new.jpg

Thanks Riggs. Does the auto-tension feature of the Lo Pro QT keep it really tight and last long? One reason I was leaning towards the Lorado was because of the manual tension adjustment....

I have had no problems with keeping my cover tight. Even in this 105+ Texas heat. I have been very impressed.

Also, I will look later for my contact that I got my cover from. If he is still selling them, I paid $325 shipped.

Do you have the cargo management system? If you do, make sure you specify this when ordering, because they have a different part number. It has a little different designed clamp.

Thanks Rob!

and PS... when you get a chance, you can post those measurements in this thread :D (I was bumping too many threads, so i figured id combine my question into a single thread :( )

Edit: you guys are quick with your posting today! .... its pouring here in NJ so I have an excuse

I know you're invested in the Thule rack, but I'd give some thought to putting a hitch mount bike rack on it and then you could keep that expensive, secure BakFlip cover. The downside is that the bikes are exposed out back.

I've had hitch mounted and don't like them. Plus, I often have to utilize my hitch for something else and carry bikes, and have a bed full of stuff..... :( i've been around the block, rack above the bed stays. (thanks for the suggestion though)

Edit: it only takes a minute to take the rack off... so it wasn't a big deal. But now that I'm riding 3+ times a week I leave the rack on all the time. So i've developed an itch for a cover that can be used with the rack in place. my own fault, should've got the pace edwards again from the start but I really liked the bakflip.

Archived