Amsoil Engine Flush

Hello all, been away for while but back now. I recently won an oil change from Amsoil. This is going in my 97K2500 with 350. 135K on truck. They sent 6 qts of ASL 100% synthetic high performance 5W-30, an oil filter, and a can of their engine flush. This stuff

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aef.aspx

I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this engine flush product. I have heard some horror stories so I want to check around.

This will be my first use of fully synthetic oil, or AMSOIL products. I am looking forward to only two oil changes per year.

Hello all, been away for while but back now. I recently won an oil change from Amsoil. This is going in my 97K2500 with 350. 135K on truck. They sent 6 qts of ASL 100% synthetic high performance 5W-30, an oil filter, and a can of their engine flush. This stuff

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aef.aspx

I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this engine flush product. I have heard some horror stories so I want to check around.

This will be my first use of fully synthetic oil, or AMSOIL products. I am looking forward to only two oil changes per year.

Yes I have done it. I used it on my 98' chevy with 34k and I bought a 20' GMC with a 8.1L with 134k on it almost 2 years ago, and the first thing I did was the Amsoil flush and added the ASL, I have "never" had any problems of any kind. I quit using the ASL on my 8.1L due to it normally taking oil, I went to the XL 10w-30, less money and it does take less using it. That said, my 98' I sold after I bought the GMC and it had over 100k on it, and did not take a drop, I changed oil only once a year using it, about 15k-18k, during that time I swapped oil filters about every 3k or so and topped off the oil.

I would say if you are not going to keep using the ASL or Amsoil after the change I would not use it, it would be a waste then. If you decide to sell it, I would be up for buying it, depending on the cost. I just picked up a jeep wrangler with 144k and the 4.0, I will be doing changing it to Amsoil and the flush by next weekend. Also there was a thread with someone that switched and sent in his oil (Amsoil) with around 7k and they told him to run it another 7k and then test it again. Hope that helps.

You could PM Black02Silverado. He can answer any questions you have. I've found him to be very knowledgeable about the products and has quite a bit of experience with the products

I've used it in all of the following vehicles over the past 4 years. Some are mine some family's. None of them have had any related problems.

03 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3

03 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0

06 Honda Civic Hybrid

04 Buick Rendezvous

97 Acura CL

97 Honda Accord

Archived