Best Way To Access The Aux Light Cable Included With Plow Pack

Gently pull down the headliner by the drivers side door. Shine a light in there and look for a brown/black wire. I was able to fish mine out with a pair of long-nose pliers, but I've heard of people taking off the third brake light to access it, a bent coat hanger, reaching their arm in there, ect.

Gently pull down the headliner by the drivers side door. Shine a light in there and look for a brown/black wire. I was able to fish mine out with a pair of long-nose pliers, but I've heard of people taking off the third brake light to access it, a bent coat hanger, reaching their arm in there, ect.

thanks. would u happen to know how to do it through the 3rd brake light??

Does that wire for the light already have switched power? At the fuse panel?

yes it does and its also wired to the dash...at least in my case anyway.

thanks. would u happen to know how to do it through the 3rd brake light??

Does that wire for the light already have switched power? At the fuse panel?

yes it does and its also wired to the dash...at least in my case anyway.

I'm not entirely sure how to do it via the 3rd brake light, but it would seem rather straight forward. Pop off the light cover and see where that gets you. If nobody responds here, I'll go mess with mine tomorrow. I had my headliner down a while ago to wire my strobe switches into the ceiling console, so I just pulled mine down into the panel behind the driver's seat in case I ever decide to wire something to it.

Is there any reason I couldn't use that wiring to run a 90W strobe kit?

A Whelen 90W kit shows 77W of input power. Well under the 250 in that spec above.

Nope. I had my 90W Whelen kit wired to that for a while, but I realized that it was rather pointless. I just wired it to come on with the ignition. There's no reason to put the strobe power supply on a switch. The diagram shows that it just needs to be wired into a 10 amp fuse. If you do it the way I did it, you'll need a minimum of 2 switches. I used 3 so I can control the fronts/backs or left/right depending how I plug them in, and the third one to change the flash pattern. There was the option for a fourth for a hi/lo power switch, but the default is that they stay on high power unless your switch it to low. Probably more than you wanted to know, but take it for what it's worth. And if you plan on wiring this yourself, set aside 3-4 hours if you know what you're doing.

Edit: I can get some pictures for you if you're interested.

The plow prep beacon wires run on the left side of the floor up

the left rear B pillar to a relay near the shoulder belt

anchor then are deadheaded in the ceiling above the

drivers head.

You could just take the B pillar cover off (after removing

shoulder belt bolt) and pull the wires back from over the

drivers seat.

Archived