Has Anyone Figured Out " How To Cure The Truck Creeking"

I have read all the posts on everyone's truck that is creeking, but has anyone figured to stop that NOISE ! I have brought my 08 silverado CC in many times trying different things to get rid of that racket. They have tried putting some time of white lube around the weatherstripping, that works but only for short periods of time till it wears off. Also they put some clear tape on top of doors, well that did nothing. Resecured the inside posts between doors, did not help either. I have tried loosening the Gm oval side steps and retorquing them, that didn't help either. Has anyone had any luck? or any dealership figure how to stop that noise as it seems like my whole truck is going to rattle apart inside when going slow over rough roads. ANYONE !

Its the weather stripping. Dont know why or how, but it drives me friggin' crazy. I know this because I have driven over bumbs and heard the noise. Then drove back over the same bumbs while pulling on the door ( to keep tension on it) and heard nothing.

Also if you hear a rattle coming from the backseat. Check the 2 side seat belts ( Inside the door frame where the seatbelt comes out of the wall) For some reason that will rattle every now and then. It drives me crazy!

I was literally on side of the interstate with all 4 doors open searching like a mad man for the rattle. :loser:

The best solution I found , is to buckle the seat belts. It keeps tension on the pulley or what ever it is in there

the link didn't work, its not the seat belts, it like the whole truck inside the cab is moving around. They sprayed the silicon on the weatherstripping twice, makes an awful mess though, seemed to work the first time for about 10 days, then it wore off and back to normal. they tried it again but seemed to help but still somewhat noisy, then wore off. hopefully you can repost the link

Install 3M™ Squeak Reduction Tape. GM has a TSB that describes the fix. I had it done by the dealer as a warranty item and it solved the problem.

Look at the last post on the first page of the following link.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315677

urbancowboy, go back and re-check your oval side steps for contact between the body cab bolt pockets and the step mounting brackets. There should be at least 1/4" clearance or you may get a rub due to deflection caused by the rubber body isolators. You may need to remove the bolts and insert thick washers between the step brackets and body mounts. Re-torque the bolts. It happened to me.

thanks for all the replies, will try the washers on the side steps. As for the tape, the dealer put tape strips about 4 in. long on the doors, not quite sure if you need more tape and is that in the right place. Maybe it goes on behind the weatherstripping. Where did they apply the tape on yours. Had the silicon spray on there a few times but eventually wore off.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived