Going To Install Bedrug And Truxedo Lo Pro Tonight

So while my son was taking a nap i cleaned out the garage so i can squeeze my truck in there... I'll put my wifes car in there when she gets home. It'll be crammed like below (but its better than cleaning 10+ inches of snow off the truck :chevy: )

12-19-09003.jpg

This time i reeeealy squeeze my truck in there. I wanted to be able to get the tailgate down. it's still going to be a challenge getting the bedrug installed- not much room to work with!

2-5-2010023.jpg

2-5-2010024.jpg

2-5-2010025.jpg

After she gets home from work im going to kick on the Kerosene heater... will probably clean out the bed while it's heating up in there and may even take off the CMS to make the bedrug and truxedo install easier, then just throw it back on when done.. No rush really, i need it to heat up good in there and stay warm for a few hours so the bedrug adhesive makes a good bond.

All ready to go:

2-5-2010020.jpg

2-5-2010021.jpg

good mod! the bed rug is a really nice addition, I love mine. things don't slide around, like they do with a plastic liner. Plus, you don't have to worry about scratching something when you want to put something in your box. It's not hard on your knee's either if you ever have to crawl back there. Good luck!

A beautiful Denali and then the futon in the living room. Glad to see someone with the same priorities as me.

Let us know how the install goes and I'm guessing since you've already taken more pix before you've really done anything I don't have to worry about seeing a few after it's all done and said with.

Matt, those pictures of your truck in garage are killing me! :chevy: Talk about tight fit. You just about had to get the KY! :eek:

Too bad you don't live closer! I'd be willing to stop over and help you................................................drink beer!! :P

Good Luck!

A beautiful Denali and then the futon in the living room. Glad to see someone with the same priorities as me.

Let us know how the install goes and I'm guessing since you've already taken more pix before you've really done anything I don't have to worry about seeing a few after it's all done and said with.

lol give me a break man, im only 25 and i already have a house, wife and kid.... and i bet i paid less for my Denali than you paid for your truck :P:lol: (edit: and yes, pics will be plentiful... no one likes "reading", everyone likes pictures!)

Plus i just finished renovating that room this summer. We didn't buy furniture yet... we're getting a new couch for our upstairs living room and putting the "old" couch downstairs since that's going to turn into the kids "playroom" :eek:

ARenovate44.jpg

BarRoom001.jpg

Matt, those pictures of your truck in garage are killing me! :chevy: Talk about tight fit. You just about had to get the KY! :eek:

Too bad you don't live closer! I'd be willing to stop over and help you................................................drink beer!! :P

Good Luck!

Thanks man! I can't believe it fit in there. I have less than 1/2" of clearance in the front. It's going to be an interesting night!

I understand entirely where your coming from. Same boat as you - 25 - house - wife - kid - and #2 coming in September.

Just kinda cracks me up to see someone who isn't overly concerned by the little things like furniture and what not but is still getting the goodies for the truck. Like I said you've got the same priorities as me.

I understand entirely where your coming from. Same boat as you - 25 - house - wife - kid - and #2 coming in September.

Just kinda cracks me up to see someone who isn't overly concerned by the little things like furniture and what not but is still getting the goodies for the truck. Like I said you've got the same priorities as me.

Good point... I read that wrong the first time. WE definitely got our priorities straight. :P And congrats on #2! :chevy: (we're planning on having #2 next may/june. #1 is 13 weeks old now)

It's naptime again.. i just went downstairs to flip the bedrug over and realized im going to have one helluva time getting it through the door into the garage :chevy:

(notice the ugly "rock" paneling they had downstairs.. i ripped that down the day we moved in!)

House008.jpg

Ok, got the bedrug on and the front CMS rail. I'm taking a 10 minute break... uploading some pics.. and then going to head out to put on the Truxedo.

Sooooo... getting the bedrug into the garage wasn't too difficult. I was able to roll it up pretty good so I could fit it through the door. Then with a few well chosen footsteps i was able to toss it right in the bed and then unroll it......... but, like the idiot i am i put it in backwards so the tailgate was facing the front! :chevy: ... 5 minutes later I had it spun around :P

Just be glad yours fits in your garage! My garage door isn't even wide enough for the truck to make it through, let alone not quite being deep enough.

When i was buying my truck the salesman showed me the "power folding mirrors"... i laughed at them, like "when the hell am i going to need those?.... uhhhh well, actually they come in pretty damn handy when pulling into the garage. I can't fit through the door with my mirrors out :chevy: . So now i press a button, the fold in, press the button again and they fold out so i can watch the rest of my truck as im pulling in :P

Archived