2010 Silverado Backup Camera Help

Hello,

I have a 2010 crew cab silverado with the stock backup camera that displays in the mirror. I'm in the procces of installing a after market navigation and would like to tap into the stock camera feed. is this possable and if it is does anyone know the location of the connector inside the truck that i can tap into, i thought about the one at the mirror it self but that one seems harder to run wires to and work with. Any help would be great

Thanks

mike

Mike,

I am in the process of installing a rear view mirror back up camera and I have ran into a problem, perhaps you can see if your truck has this. My kit came with a wiring kit. I am to plug to of the wires into the toe pannel power relay. The top left harness is a litegrey/white color. On that harness the second to the furthest most left plug is where I am supposed to plug the new wire into, but its preoccupied with a blue wire already. Does yours have this blue wire there also? The tech said he thinks it is if I had the navigation back up camera, because he says its a power wire for when the truck is in reverse.

Thanks in advance for your help,

OSIS

Hello,

I have a 2010 crew cab silverado with the stock backup camera that displays in the mirror. I'm in the procces of installing a after market navigation and would like to tap into the stock camera feed. is this possable and if it is does anyone know the location of the connector inside the truck that i can tap into, i thought about the one at the mirror it self but that one seems harder to run wires to and work with. Any help would be great

Thanks

mike

Yes, the cover locks onto the box via on push through screw in the middle and two locks one on each side that just slip over the retainer...........

Is that the box to the left of the brake on the inside of the cab?

The connector C11 has something to do with the camera i think. I disconnected it and started my truck and went into reverse and no picture displayed in my mirror but the truck also said to service the airbags. I really need to find a Pin out for connector C11 & C12. Does anyone happen to have access to get that pin out

thanks

Are you saying you need to find out what C11 and C12 do???? I can tell you I have spliced into the blue wire to run my rear view mirror camera, but my harness for the rear view mirror now has to slots preoccupied that I need to run wires too. The tech for the company i bought it from said to disconnect them and tape em up. One of them happens to be blue just like the blue wire that runs to the toe pannel power relay........

Unfortunately theres no service manuals available yet for our trucks and the chevrolet dealerships are not forth coming with info.......

We will get to this together buddy!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to unplug the two wires in the mirror tonight and I will let you know what happens..........I do know that the blue wire in the toe pannel grey/white harness gets 14 volts when in reverse, so its telling atleast one accessory to turn on in reverse gear!!!!!!

The connector C11 has something to do with the camera i think. I disconnected it and started my truck and went into reverse and no picture displayed in my mirror but the truck also said to service the airbags. I really need to find a Pin out for connector C11 & C12. Does anyone happen to have access to get that pin out

thanks

what wires do i have to splice into to view the camera ?

Are you saying you need to find out what C11 and C12 do???? I can tell you I have spliced into the blue wire to run my rear view mirror camera, but my harness for the rear view mirror now has to slots preoccupied that I need to run wires too. The tech for the company i bought it from said to disconnect them and tape em up. One of them happens to be blue just like the blue wire that runs to the toe pannel power relay........

Unfortunately theres no service manuals available yet for our trucks and the chevrolet dealerships are not forth coming with info.......

I am going to unplug the two wires in the mirror tonight and I will let you know what happens..........I do know that the blue wire in the toe pannel grey/white harness gets 14 volts when in reverse, so its telling atleast one accessory to turn on in reverse gear!!!!!!

thanks

what wires do i have to splice into to view the camera ?

Ok in the rearview mirror in one corner theres a black wire( i believe slot 8), a blue wire( i believe slot 7) and then a i want to say it was a white wire(i believe slot 6).............the blue wire I beleive is the same one that is connected in the toe pannel relay in your pix. I beleive this is the power wire that tells the rear view mirror to turn on only when the car is in reverse, i beleive it gets power from the toe pannel when in reverse and sends it to the rear view mirror to turn on. I am not sure what the white one does, but i beleive it has something to do with the image.........to hook up my rear view camera I needed to unplug these two wires, white and blue wire from rvm and tape up. I then inserted two wires into their plugs from my kit. these two wires should be key in getting your radio monitor work. I would think you would need to either reroute them to your head unit or splice them, or see if there is already and existing wire in those colors going to your head unit harness.......

This is the kit I bought and now its up and running. I installed it on a truck that did not have any camera on it nor navigation radio. The company that sells it is autostratta I believe. I think they will sell just the harness and they sell the camera and harness if you have navigation but not camera.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Factory-Sil...=item20b0070525

But I definetly believe the white wire and the blue wire in the rvm harness are the ones you need to tap into to get it to work on your radio. I believe they are slots 7 and 6.

keep me posted..........

thanks

Heya ....Looks like the white and blue wire at the mirror are for the video feed ...well at least the wite wire is , i was able to get video on my display from hooking a temp wire to the tip of an rca to the wite wire. Thanks for the info. Im trying to see if i can find another spot where that wire is so i dont have to run a rca all the way to the mirror but looks like i may have to

Thanks for the info :dunno:

My pleasure Mike!!!!!!!!!! It was extremely frustrating when I was trying to hook up my RVM camera and because we are both going through similiar situations we were able to help each other out. The blue wire is the power wire going from the toe pannel, that only gets power when the car is in reverse, I beleive..........so if you wanted to always have the option of seeing your rear view camera if you just negate the blue wire from your head unit and replace with a hot wire for when the car is on........you should be good to go......I taped off the blue and white wire in my rvm.........post some pix when your done!!!!!!!!!!

In regards to finding another spot where the white wire is, I would begin looking under your truck, it has to come from the camera so trace the camera harness all the way up to your firewall and where it penetrates and try and find that white wire, shouldnt be too hard, just time consuming.........

Keep us posted!!!!!!!

Heya ....Looks like the white and blue wire at the mirror are for the video feed ...well at least the wite wire is , i was able to get video on my display from hooking a temp wire to the tip of an rca to the wite wire. Thanks for the info. Im trying to see if i can find another spot where that wire is so i dont have to run a rca all the way to the mirror but looks like i may have to

Thanks for the info :dunno:

• 4 months later...
Hello,

Thanks

mike

I was wondering if anyone has looked into adding a backup camera to work with the factory nav screen. I found these two products:

3.5-inch Rearview Mirror Monitor Supporting GPS Navigate

5 inch Rear-view Mirror Monitor with GPS Navigation

EHFH128S-m.JPG

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these or if anyone has any better solutions to accomplish this? I want it to function like a factory backup camera where the nav screen shows the camera when I put the car in reverse and then switches back to normal when I switch out of reverse.

• 3 months later...

Archived