Navigation Install For 10' Ltz Silverado

Hi all, I just purchased a new 2010 Silverado ext cab LTZ and I opted not to do the factory nav. Couldnt justify the $2200 option.......but i did find a bunch of them on ebay going for about $800 or so..........so i am curious to know what has to be done to swap out my regualr stereo system for the oem navigation units i can buy elsewhere. FYI...i have bose installed as well.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

• 1 month later...

Can you do this without having the bose system? I wanted to do the same for my '10 Sierra, but on the GMC accessory website the only nav upgrades available are for vehicles with bose. Also does this still interface with the factory usb ipod control?

Can you do this without having the bose system? I wanted to do the same for my '10 Sierra, but on the GMC accessory website the only nav upgrades available are for vehicles with bose. Also does this still interface with the factory usb ipod control?

The USB control interface is part of the headunit itself, so you would have to obtain a navigation unit which also has the USB port. I have not seen any USB equipped units on ebay so far that do not require the Bose audio system.

What about the bluetooth, onstar and rear view mirror backup camera options?

The Bluetooth (which is part of the OnStar system) can be added as long as you have steering wheel audio controls. You don't have to have Bose for it, though. Also the rear view mirror backup camera can be added regardless of what onstar or audio system you have.... it's totally separate.

Hi, first post, and yes another newbe.

just bought a 2009 Yukon Denali, got a good deal it was the last one before the 2010's. the down side is that it did not come with NAV, Backup camera, or Bluetooth integration. guess thats why it stayed on the showroom floor so long .

scince the wife takes it out to drop the kids, i really want the back up camera with the NAV in dash screen. I was told by the dealer not to mess with the electronics and put after market systems. so here is the thing: 1. I like the idea of the OEM system, but wouldnt want to shell out 2k, is there a source other than the dealer to get it cheaper?

2. Would an aftermarket system be a good investment. anything out there thats easy plug and play?

Hi, first post, and yes another newbe.

just bought a 2009 Yukon Denali ... it did not come with ... Bluetooth integration.

Say WHAT? A 2009 Yukon Denali didn't come with factory bluetooth?

Are you really sure about that? :cheers::banghead:

i really want the back up camera with the NAV in dash screen. I was told by the dealer not to mess with the electronics and put after market systems. so here is the thing: 1. I like the idea of the OEM system, but wouldnt want to shell out 2k, is there a source other than the dealer to get it cheaper?

2. Would an aftermarket system be a good investment. anything out there thats easy plug and play?

You can DEFINITELY get the NAV system cheaper from a non-dealer source. Check out eBay, there are kits on there all the time. Same with backup cameras.

Don't listen to the dealer about not installing aftermarket systems either, that's just their ploy to get you to buy the OEM setup from them directly. Thousands of these trucks have had aftermarket equipment installed in them without issue, you'll be fine if you choose to go that route instead.

I recently bought my 08 Sierra. In my GTO I had an AVIC D3 and really enjoyed it so I couldn't go 1 week without ordering something for the Sierra... I decided I wanted a more "factory look" then I could get with the Pioneer system... so I went with a ROSEN unit off ebay. I'm really enjoying it and the system just plugged right in... the only annoyance was trying to get the wires to fit. However, the ROSEN system software does not even come close to the pioneer... it kind of just seems coded together just to make it "work" but it's still nice to have and I've heard it's way better then going with the "stock" navigation system....

Archived