Project 66nova

66nova

A number of guys are already familar with the progress of my Nova build, but I am sitting at home bored and decided I would post it over here too.

This has been a project my dad and I have been working on for the last couple months. It is mostly finished, but the transmission just smoked the clutches so I have a new Coan and new converter on it's way.

We basically changed the entire rear-end and suspension. A long with adding and electric fuel pump, braided fuel line from the new fuel cell to the regulators and an NX nitrous plate.

I have a lot of pictures, but I will try to reduce it down. IF you are interested in seeing the entire build pics I will post a link to them...http://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee344/66nova_album/Project%20Nova/

Before we started

031.jpg

Fuel tank, rear and rear suspension gone

382.jpg

Fuel cell mounted and fuel pump mounted

388.jpg

381.jpg

The first trip to the track we left the MT ET street radials on. I left on 30% of the 150 shot and after 2 seconds the entire 150 came in. It would just blow the tires off and I ran a 6.40 1/8 mile spinning the tires.

Here is a video from that day.

Then we mounted slicks and took it back to the track. This is when the tranny went out. I ran a 6.83 but I was in and out of the throttle and got out of it before the stripe. BUT I ran a 1.43 60ft. That was a blast.

I am expecting some low 6 second 1/8 mile times and some upper to mid 9 second 1/4s

Are you trying to out do my wagon thread??? Time to step up my game :lol:

Nice car!

:D:lol:

Thanks guys!

I have a blast with it.

The new transmission should be here in about 3 weeks. That is going to be a long 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
Sucks 'bout the tranny,But you'll be all set with the Coan!

It should. I ordered the same transmission my dad is running and he has 4 1/2 seasons on his. Plus, his car is heavier and makes more power. :(

Thats a nice car. It reminds me of when I was 13 and my dad built a 78 malibu landau with a big block. The fastest we got it was 5.9 in a 1/8 on 10 inch slicks.

Thanks man!

5.9 is a fast ass car! Especially if it was a street legal car?!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the tranny is back in and I made my first 1/4 mile passes last night.

Ran a 9.89@135mph

I am pretty pleased with that especially considering I have a lot of tuning left to do :lol:

1cb8f97d.jpg

Archived