Where Can I Tap Into Ignition-on 12volt Power Supply?

I have 2010 Sierra 1500 Regular Cab, Short Box, 4X4, 5.3L. I'm going to install my Blizzard 760LT snow plow and am trying to find an ignition-on power supply. My issue is that the fuses all seem to be power-on all the time, or in the case of electric window or door looks only on when in use. Can anyone tell me where I can tap into a good ignition-on power supply?

You can tap into the pink wire in the ignition switch harness. But do NOT attach any kind of current drawing devices. If youare going to be drawing more than a few amps of current, use the pink wire to trigger a relay attached directly to the battery.

You can tap into the pink wire in the ignition switch harness. But do NOT attach any kind of current drawing devices. If youare going to be drawing more than a few amps of current, use the pink wire to trigger a relay attached directly to the battery.

Do a search for RAP or Retained Accessory Power. There is a wire at the BCM that you can tap to trip a relay. This will basicly be live at any time the radio would be on.

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: I'll be sure to use a relay with direct battery power.

What do you need to power?

I just need to power the wire that goes to the joystick. The joystick has a switch that I can shut off but it's better if I can shut the power to the joystick when I turn the key off ...that way I'm sure it won't be draining any power from the batteries. Thanks to Scottieboy I can now do that. Pink wire is the trick. I just hooked it up to a relay and I now have direct battery supply only when the key is turned on ...also hooked up my radar dector to it. Thanks again to Scottieboy. :D

My 07 gmt-900 has both switched and direct battery power

lugs in the dash side fuse center. Thats where my switched

power comes from for my handheld snowplow controller.

Have a look-see for them..................

But possibly with a 10 GM might have eliminated them?

• 6 months later...

Archived