Another Happy Rancho Customer (gmt900)

after seeing everyone else with their Rancho lifts and mine just sitting in the garage, I decided it was time to finally just pull the trigger and throw it on. Just me by myself, took a weekend (farmed out the strut work and separating the knuckle from the LCA). Pics arent the greatest but I'll try to get you guys some better ones this weekend.

Ride is much improved over stock...my only complaint is that it feels like its dragging a tire during a turn. Shop aligned it to Rancho specs, so who knows. I'll just have to keep an eye on it.

With 285/65R18s I'm at 43.5" front and 44" rear.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
was there any cutting or welding involved? looks awesome. i like the fact that u can keep the stock wheels

Just one cut, so not bad at all. The rear crossmember support comes out and then you have to cut the bracket on the driver's side so the front diff can be dropped. If you have a Z71 you'll also have to either cut the t-case skidplate or get rid of it...I made two cuts and it fits just fine now.

FYI, I chose not to follow rancho's directions but left the front driveshaft connected since it was just me, 4 jackstands and 2 jacks to do this. I did each side at a time and it worked out just fine. The LCA to the knuckle gave me a hell of a time, so I ended up taking that to a shop for separation

thanks!

Got another alignment after 500 miles today...the Toe had somehow gone from 0.0 to -0.3 on the right front, maybe from suspension settling?

Anyway, drives straight and rides nice... gotta love "lifetime alignments" :P

Archived