Silver 2000 Chevy Z71

elgaterose

been lurking here for a while, getting info, figured I'd throw up some pics of my '00 Chevy Z71

List of mods here

March, 2000 - The day I got her, I was 15 years old and she had 7 miles on the odometer

scan0007yt.jpg

Leveling keys, blue z71 decals, 265/70R16 Sport Kings

scan0003uq.jpg

First mud tires: 285/75R16 Wrangler MT/Rs and aircraft landing lights

scan101840067.jpg

Then I got stuck in some quick sand (it was flat like the background before I drove across)

scan101840068.jpg

scan0015vh.jpg

Switched to Ranch RS9000X shocks, with in cab remote & an aluminum toolbox, painted black

scan0005ne.jpg

Had the bumper built by Dixe Mfg. (AKA Sumnerville Enterprises) in Aliceville, AL & mounted an M8000, also tinted the windows & got new MT/Rs

scan101840064.jpg

Here I was just trying to drive down this dirt road and didn't realize they were about to pave it. The dirt was really loose and I couldn't back up so gravity pulled me into the ditch

thezq.jpg

I burned up the winch motor and got a ground packer stuck trying to winch out, only got about 8-10 ft.

zstuckdc.jpg

Had to a get a bull dozer to pull me out

scan101840060.jpg

At the beach 2 summers ago, PIAA 580s, PIAA 510s, bilstein 5100s, synthetic winch line, & 305/70R16 Dick Cepek FC-IIs

beachtrip162.jpg

Leadville, CO hauling a popup camper

stlouiscolorado044.jpg

Turquoise Lake in Leadville, CO

stlouiscolorado0782.jpg

My other ride- 2003 4Runner Limited V6 2wd (yes I hijacked the PIAAs from the Z, it has warn SDB-160s now)

dsc0004rdo.jpg

Looks like it has had some adventures! Looks good.

Thanks! Yes it has, I wish I had taken more photos but most of the adventures were before digital cameras were big (or I could afford one) so this is all I have. The dents and scratches all have great stories though, not one single dent or scratch came from pavement driving or accidents. It's all from trees, rocks, winch cable snaps, and high-centering.

The day of the quick sand picture the back windshield was knocked out by a rock that hit the back windshield at the exact moment the Z was freed by a friend pulling me out (his truck threw the rock). If you look, you can tell that it's gone.

Archived