New Truck Order Tracking

http://chevroletconnects.com/

This is Larry from Chevroletconnects. Thanks to google alerts I knew where to come and offer help or answer any questions. Basically, since this forum is for both GMC and Chevrolet trucks I feel it is important to explain a few differences in our service to avoid confusion. Chevrolet sold retail orders update automatically every 2 hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week. After you register, you will get your first update in about 2 hours tops.Your order is tracked from the moment your car is ordered Status 1100, all the way until it is delivered and your paperwork is complete. GMC updates are done manually, and will be updated usually the next business day. We can manually track GMC trucks from order 1100 to built and vin issued at 3800. No Logistics data is available from GM to us at the present time. (but we are working on it).

We also can help provide assistance in tracking your trucks on the railroads (CSX and UP) all the way to the local distribution center yards. And if you are lucky enough to be in a service area that AAG or Cassens trucking does your delivery to your dealer, we can also provide their tracking automatically right on your status updates.

If you guys want to start a tracking thread right here we would be happy to check in and answer question and help in any way we can. We can also help by looking up your Target Production Weeks when they are available.

Now a little about us. Hylton and I founded our tracking service a just about 20 months ago. Initially, it was to track Camaros during its rollout in March of 2009. Like you all, we are just regular GM enthusiasts and customers. We were not able to get updates from our dealer without feeling like we were interupting their day or being a pest. And little or no information was available from any source. So we began contacting some of the fine folks at GM to see if we could get access to the data. Well within a few months we finally were able to convince them that we could share information on a limited bases to the customers and that it would improve the buying experience. Well one thing has led to another and we found ourselves growing in use at a very fast pace. That led us to develop the site as you now see it. We have merged production data along with logistics data and incorporated features that dealers have asked us for. Yes I said dealers, along the way we found that many dealers were using our service as it was faster, and more robust than what they had access to. They could even set up their customers for the automatic email updates which actually made them look like a champ by keeping their customers updated, hassle free and at no cost. Speaking of costs. Our site is free to use, has no advertising and no spam. Obviously, the data belongs to GM and we are not allowed to profit from the data provided. Pretty simple!

Our site is operated 100% by customers that have also been thru this whole sold retail order process so we totally understand the confusion, stress and worries that we all go thru. Please let us know if you need anything and please feel free to use the service. Post or PM me with questions and I will usually get to every one of them within the day.

ChevroletConnects.com or GMCConnects.com

Larry and Hylton and the entire team at Connects

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to Ryan for setting up this thread. If you have specific tracking questions please post them up. I have to travel to Cheyenne this morning but will be back myself later this afternoon to answer any questions and help. Hylton or Lisa will also be monitoring this thread and will be able to help as well.

Please enjoy the service and remember Chevrolet trucks will update within a couple hours and GMC will probably be the following business day.

Larry

Thanks for setting this up and posting the information here.

I do have a question though. I registered on your sight and did the email confrimation. I still can't track my order. Is there a time frame to how you have to wait? Or did I do something wrong?

Thank You John

Thanks for setting this up and posting the information here.

I do have a question though. I registered on your sight and did the email confrimation. I still can't track my order. Is there a time frame to how you have to wait? Or did I do something wrong?

Thank You John

John, you should receive an email once the system updates in a bit. If you don't receive anything by this afternoon, I'll check the system.

Lisa

I got my email. Thank You.

My configuration.

TRIM COMBINATION

•193 Ebony Leather Interior Trim

PACKAGE

•1LZ Cruze: 1LZ Sedan

Miscellaneous Details

•1SZ DISCOUNT OPTION PACKAGE

•AU3 Power Door Locks

•G80 Limited Slip Differential

•JF4 Pedals Adjustable, Power

•K5L Heavy-Duty Cooling Equipment

•KNP Transmission Cooling System

•NC7 Emissions Override, Federal

•NZZ Skid Plates: Off-Road

•PDF LTZ Preferred Package

•PPA E Z Lift Tailgate

•R9N CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 89

•ROO Internal Launch ID

•S41 LPO: Rear Wheelhouse Liner

•SLT LT Sales Package

•T96 LAMP FRT FOG, FMVSS (DO NOT USE AFTER 09 MAJOR GLOBAL P RGRAMS, USE T3U&VCS FAMILY)

•UD7 SENSOR INDICATOR REAR PARKING ASSIST

•UK3 Steering Wheel Mounted Controls

•UVC Rearview Camera System

•VLQ Chrome Recovery Hooks

•YM8 IDENTIFICATION LIMITED PERSONALIZATION OPTION (LPO)

PRIMARY COLOR

•46U Blue Granite Metallic

LOCK CONTROL, RR CMPT

•A60 Tailgate Lock

ADJUSTER FRT ST

•AG1 Power Seat: 6-Way Driver Side

ADJUSTER PASS ST

•AG2 Seat Adjuster (Passenger Side)

WINDOW TINTED

•AJ1 Deep Tinted Glass

SEAT

•AN3 Seats: Front, Full Feature Bucket

LOCK CONTROL, ENTRY

•AP3 Remote Vehicle Start

COVERING FLOOR

•B30 Floor Covering: Color Keyed Carpet with Floor Mats

COVERING FRT

•B32 Floor Mats, Front

COVERING RR

•B33 Floor Mats, Rear

MOLDING B/S

•B85 Moldings, Bright Body Side

DEFOGGER

•C49 Defogger, Rear Window, Electric

GVW RATING

•C5W GVW Rating 7000 Lbs

HVAC SYSTEM

•CJ2 Climate Control, Electronic - Multi-zone

MIRROR I/S R/V

•DD8 Inside Rearview Self Dimming Mirror

MIRROR O/S

•DL3 Mirrors, O/S Power, Heated, Pwr Folding, Turn Indicator

BODY EQUIPMENT

•E63 Body, Fleetside

AXLE RR

•GU6 Rear Axle, 3.42 Ratio

CRUISE CONTROL

•K34 Cruise Control

AIR CLEANER

•K47 Air Cleaner, High Capacity

ENGINE

•L9H Engine: 6.2L, V-8, Non Active Fuel Management

TRANSMISSION

•MYC Transmission, 6 Speed Auto

WHEEL

•N87 Wheels: 18 x 8 Aluminum

CERTIFICATION

•NE1 CT/MA/ME/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA Emissions

TIRE ALL

•QXN Tires: P265/65R18 BW OOR

LOCK

•SAF Spare Tire Lock

SALES PROCESSING

•SLM SALES PROCESSING STOCK ORDERS

GRILLE

•TB3 Grille, Radiator, Body Color Side w/Chrome Center

DIGITAL AUDIO SYSTEM

•UBS XM Sat. Radio w/ Real Time Traffic (subscription)

COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

•UE1 OnStar

OPENER

•UG1 Universal Home Remote

WIRELESS INTERFACE

•UPF Bluetooth for Phone

SPEAKER SYSTEM

•UQA Boston Acoustic Premium Audio System

RADIO

•UUL Radio, AM/FM Stereo, CD/MP3, USB Port, Navigation

LICENSE PLATE FRONT

•VK3 Front License Plate Bracket

APPEARANCE PACKAGE

•WEA Z71 Appearance Package

MARKET BRAND

•X88 Nameplate - Chevrolet

PACKAGE, CONVENIENCE

•YE9 Trim Level: Convenience Pkg Comfort & Decor

CHASSIS PACKAGE

•Z71 Suspension Package: Off-Road

TRAILER PROVISIONS

•Z82 Trailering Package

COLOR COMBINATION

•ZY1 Solid Paint Application

Nice truck! I assume you got your status too! What are you at?

Keep in mind that some of the data in the Your Order Tab might be slightly off, like the Cruze package.1LZ sedan this is because there are two conflicting RPO codes that confuse the system..but by in large it is pretty close. That is one glitch we have found but all we can do is use the data provided.

Thanks for trying the service and hope you enjoy it. Larry

I have signed up and have been tracking my order status for a couple weeks. This is a great service and you don't have to bother your dealer.

I am so glad I found this, nice to see it is posted here as well...

You so welcome....If you have any questions you can read up on this. Or ask away!

Welcome to ChevroletConnects.com

When you enter your information on the ChevroletConnects.com site you will not show a status for approximately 2 hours for Chevrolet vehicles or until the following business day for GMC, Cadillac or Buick brands.

Production Tracking for Chevrolet vehicles is fully automated and update every two hours 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Tracking information includes production and logistics tracking so you will go from the point of the order all the way to delivery of your new Chevrolet car or truck.

Production Tracking for GMC, Cadillac or Buick vehicles Track by your order number.

We can only do Production tracking for valid US order numbers.

If your current status is 1100-3300, your order will be checked weekly on Wednesday or Thursday. Since orders do not get pulled into 2000 status until late Tuesday night.

If you are at 3400 with a future TPW, your order will not be checked until your TPW.

If you are at 3400 with a current TPW, your order will be checked daily (starting Tuesday) of that week. If you do not have a VIN by the Saturday of your production week, you will not have one until the following Tuesday.

The only orders that will be updated on Monday are the new orders entered in on Saturday and Sunday.

On your updates you may see a date in the notes section. That is your Target Production Week.

The current date reflects the last date your status was checked and a change occurred in your status. You will receive an email update even if your status does not change each time you get checked on global connect.

Once you receive a VIN number you will not receive further updates as we are not provided logistics data on these brands yet. If you contact your dealer they can contact the Dealer Business Center and receive updates. If they provide a railcar number for you we can assist in helping you to use the automated rail tracking system. It is important not to ever talk to live personnel at the railroads or the trucking companies.

Tracking Assistance threads.

There are several tracking threads available for you to post in..No vendors or spamming will be allowed.

In r thread please remember to post up enough information for us to properly answer your questions. Your VIN number, or Order number. Your current status. And of course your question. Your location might also be helpful in determining rail carrier information. Please understand we are all volunteers here. We are not GM employees nor do we charge for the services. We are folks just like you that have taken it on to ourselves to help our fellow GM car buyers. We try to man the threads 24/7 but sometimes we may not be on. So just post up the question and check back for your answer. Every post will get answered within hours which is remarkable since we are just volunteers. We do not speculate or guess what is happening. If we don't know the answer we will get one for you. Since we all have been thru this ride we know the roller coaster of emotions you are feeling. And we are here to help you thru them.

How do I get back to the Connects.com site from the forum?

Click on the big letter "T" at the top left corner or click on "GMtracking.com" at the top or bottom of whichever page you are on.

How can I view my window sticker online?

Simply go to the (brand)connects.com site and pull up your information. Then click on your VIN and it will link to the GM window sticker site. Window stickers usually don’t show up for a few days after the car has actually shipped from the factory so check back often until you see yours.

What do my status codes mean?

500, this is a dealer stock order code used to order common vehicles. Please contact your dealer to receive an actual active order number.

1100, Preliminary order accepted

2000, Order accepted by GM

2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)

2051, Order changed thru Web

2500, Order preferenced

3000, Order accepted by production control

3100, Order available to sequence

3300, Order scheduled for production

3400, Order broadcast

3800, Order produced

4000, Available to ship

4104, Bailment Invoice

4200, Shipped

4300, Intermediate Delivery

4B00, Bayed

5000, Delivered to the dealer

6000, Delivered to the customer

9000, Order Cancelled

What do common Railroad terms mean?

Delivered at Interchange

May switch tracks or the like then on to the next stop

After the interchange you may need to call Union Pacific. The railcar may change carriers.

Delivered at Industry

This is the end of the Rail journey. Rail Car is waiting to be unloaded. Then the Car is just waiting on a truck for the last leg.

ON HOLD

Hold can be anything, no real way to know why it is on HOLD. If it is a prolonged length of time contact the general manager and ask the reason

Bad Order

There is something wrong with the rail car (not your car)….a mechanical failure or the like.

CSX SHIPPING STATUS

Only two possible status for CSX ONHOLD OR SHIPPABLE

Constructively placed

Rail car has been put on a side track waiting to hook up to next ride or to another area depending on the situation

Placed at Customer Location

"placed at customer location" is in a position at the terminal to be unloaded. Is waiting to get moved over to the unloading area

WAY BILLED

The waybill update just means that they have the paper work for the railcar to continue

Diverted in Transit

Change in destination or routing OR instructions- may be a change in destination, route, name of consignee, name of consignor,

party to notify, etc. It is a change in instruction. It doesn’t mean the train itself is diverted. It could be something as simple

as a change made in the paperwork

How do I track my car on a railcar?

The first thing you will need is a railcar number. This can be received from your dealer by asking them to contact the Dealer Business Center and asking for it. You can also call Customer Service and ask an advisor for it. Not in all cases will your dealer provide you with a railcar number nor will the Customer Service Reps. I think a lot has to do with the relationship you develop with them. Once you have a railcar number, most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track

CSX

1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)

4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific

1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123

2. Follow phone prompts for Trace

3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together

4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again or simply post up and one of our team would be happy to help.

Larry, Hylton, Lisa and Eric

ChevroletConnects.com, GMCConnects.com, CadillacConnects.com, BuickConnects.com

Wow! I saw an explosion of new registered trucks yesterday and today, but nobody had any questions or problems. I guess it just shows the get er done capabilities of the GM truck buyers. Wanted to say thanks to all those that are now using the service and if anyone has any problems, questions or thoughts...We are here to help if we can.

Larry

Archived