Time To Go

I have decided, after a year, to trade my '10 Silverado LT in. I tried to like this truck but the problems while not major are enough to convince me I really don't want to live with this truck for a long time. I'm close to retirement so a new truck will be around for awhile.

I have had a squeak/tick/rattle near the driver's door "B" pillar since December as well as the weather strip creak in the same area that the dealer doesn't seem to think is a problem. The steering wants to wander off to the shoulder needing constant attention and correction, again not a problem. Then There is the "Handling/ trailering suspension" that rides like an 95 Olds 88 with worn shocks (my fathers car). The front shocks were replaced and that helped but I'm afraid to tow my (not big) trailer because of the way this wallows. I have had the truck back more than twice to the dealer where I bought it for all the problems and I'm tired of the fight and aggravation.

I hate to say it but I'm looking into a foreign truck to replace it.

The wandering feel in the steering could be due to caster alignment setting. It can still be within spec, but near the maximum acceptable limit. Have they checked the alignment on the truck?

As far as squeak is concerned, is that a good enough reason to get rid of a vehicle?

What if you will have bigger more aggravating problems with your new truck?

The wandering feel in the steering could be due to caster alignment setting. It can still be within spec, but near the maximum acceptable limit. Have they checked the alignment on the truck?

As far as squeak is concerned, is that a good enough reason to get rid of a vehicle?

What if you will have bigger more aggravating problems with your new truck?

Those will most likely NEVER be talked about here, no doubt. :troll:

I have decided, after a year, to trade my '10 Silverado LT in. I tried to like this truck but the problems while not major are enough to convince me I really don't want to live with this truck for a long time. I'm close to retirement so a new truck will be around for awhile.

I have had a squeak/tick/rattle near the driver's door "B" pillar since December as well as the weather strip creak in the same area that the dealer doesn't seem to think is a problem. The steering wants to wander off to the shoulder needing constant attention and correction, again not a problem. Then There is the "Handling/ trailering suspension" that rides like an 95 Olds 88 with worn shocks (my fathers car). The front shocks were replaced and that helped but I'm afraid to tow my (not big) trailer because of the way this wallows. I have had the truck back more than twice to the dealer where I bought it for all the problems and I'm tired of the fight and aggravation.

I hate to say it but I'm looking into a foreign truck to replace it.

I bought my 2009 and in the first week I had to take it to the dealer for excessive smoke .2 months later I got it back with a brand new motor, 5.3. Its back at the dealer this very moment for another motor problem EXCESSIVE SMOKE @ 45000 KM Bring it on another new one on the way. I still love my truck, but maybe a 6.6.litre Diesel 4X4 Crew SLT is on the way !!!

I understand his frustration. I've had alot of problems with my GMT-900 as well. To me its not the problems that bother me (all being covered under waranty) but the whole bringing it to the dealer process. I owned a 04 and 05 dodge ram hemi before this truck and had alot of problems with them as well. I'm also thinking of trading mine in but I'll go with another silverado. I just think that it's bad luck sometimes. There is 5 other silverado's in my family yrs 07 and up and none of them have even had to bring their trucks in for anything with one having 70k on it. Goodluck. Justin

anything i mean anything made by humans WILL NOT BE PERFECT, even if you spend 400000000 dollars on a vehicle it will still have flaws...there is a warranty in place for a reason, if the dealer won't fix the issue go to another dealer or call GM...i'm so tired of people crying about stupid issues, i expect my truck to squeek and make noises its a frickin truck

Yet again why I would never buy a NEW vehicle.

If I pay 1/4 of what it was new and there are a few "issues", who cares. :troll:

I have a penny shoved in the rear window trim pannel to keep it from rattling. :(

So. Just curious but what makes you think foreign trucks are better? Been to some of the Tundra and Tacoma and Nissan forums lately? If not, I would suggest you do so. I visit them on a weekly basis, they are having just as many troubles as we are here.

Archived