How do I change the headlight bulbs in my 2008 Silverado?

Drivers side- only thing in the way is washer fluid, a couple of bolts and its gone. (10mm)

Passenger side- Loosen air intake tube and pull up on the intake box, it will pop right out. (flat head)

I have changed numerous bulbs in about 5 min from popping the hood to closing.

Drivers side- only thing in the way is washer fluid, a couple of bolts and its gone. (10mm)

Passenger side- Loosen air intake tube and pull up on the intake box, it will pop right out. (flat head)

Yep, X2. Looks like it's going to be a royal pain before you get started, but there really isn't that much too it

Thanks a ton!!! Made my day reading the above. I was told I needed to remove the radiator cover, grill, and go in thru the wheel well to get to all the headlight bolts and that would only allow me to move it forward about two inches.

Thanks a ton!!! Made my day reading the above. I was told I needed to remove the radiator cover, grill, and go in thru the wheel well to get to all the headlight bolts and that would only allow me to move it forward about two inches.

:eek: no problem. no need for all of that unless you have to replace a headlight assembly :nonod:

+3

I call BS on the 5 minute claim. You can get to the low beams the way Jdubub explained, but no way in hell can you do it 5 minutes, and you had better have small hands/fingers too. Oh, and don't touch that halogen bulb with your bare fingers while trying to manipulate it back in there through the small openings or you'll be doing this all over again very soon.

Why would GM lose the innovative, simple design used in the GMT800's? Oh, I know, so the dealerships can make more money on service.

Sorry to burst your bubble bud

Drive to me and I will be very happy to take your money as I impress you beyond belief :cheers:

The first time it will def take you longer, however, when you have the tools in your hand and you have changed some around 6-8 times it becomes too easy.

I call BS on the 5 minute claim. You can get to the low beams the way Jdubub explained, but no way in hell can you do it 5 minutes, and you had better have small hands/fingers too. Oh, and don't touch that halogen bulb with your bare fingers while trying to manipulate it back in there through the small openings or you'll be doing this all over again very soon.

Why would GM lose the innovative, simple design used in the GMT800's? Oh, I know, so the dealerships can make more money on service.

That simple design made for giant body/component gaps that don't look anywhere near as clean as the current design.

And your precious F-150 still requires that you unbolt the headlamp to get at the bulbs, so don't even go there.

That simple design made for giant body/component gaps that don't look anywhere near as clean as the current design.

And your precious F-150 still requires that you unbolt the headlamp to get at the bulbs, so don't even go there.

I do not own an F150. What made you think I do?

Sorry to burst your bubble bud

Drive to me and I will be very happy to take your money as I impress you beyond belief :cheers:

The first time it will def take you longer, however, when you have the tools in your hand and you have changed some around 6-8 times it becomes too easy.

MAYBE the driver's side, but no way in hell can you remove the airbox, change the bulb and replace the airbox in 5 minutes...I don't care how many times you have done it. And another question, WTH do these bulbs requre such frequent changes? I never replaced the headlights in my GMT800 until it was about 6-7 years old, I had to change both of the ones in my GMT900 within 3 years.

Never said you did own one, I just know that when it comes to pickups you seem to think the Ford is tops. And while there are some things I do like about the Ford, being friendly to the DIY'er is not one of them. Ford trucks have sucked to work on for ages now.

Never said you did own one, I just know that when it comes to pickups you seem to think the Ford is tops. And while there are some things I do like about the Ford, being friendly to the DIY'er is not one of them. Ford trucks have sucked to work on for ages now.

Uh, yeah, you did.

At the moment, there is no doubt in my mind that the F150 is a superior truck to the GMT900's...in EVERY way. But that is not saying much as the GMT900 is a pathetic effort by GM. I am quite sure the new GM trucks will be much better and I may just wait on buying another truck until they are released.

It's not hard to understand why the GMT900 is so pathetic, it was developed by "Old GM" pre-bankruptcy while in desperation mode.

:lol:

I called it your precious F150 because you've got some serious fanboy love for it. You just proved me right. Once you buy one I hope you leave and never come back. Ford has some advantages but there is no way on earth it's the best truck out there, sorry.

:lol:

I called it your precious F150 because you've got some serious fanboy love for it. You just proved me right. Once you buy one I hope you leave and never come back. Ford has some advantages but there is no way on earth it's the best truck out there, sorry.

Fanboy? Me? :lol: now THAT is the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time. I have zero brand loyalty to anyone, I buy what I feel is the best car/truck at the time, regardless of badge. Can you say that? How many non-GM dealerships did you spend time in prior to purchasing your truck?

Right now I believe the F150 is the best 1/2 ton truck overall, the Ram has some appeal to it as well and I have driven them all. Both are much better offerings than the GMT900...sorry, but that is the truth and only fanboys with their head in the sand will not see that.

Back on topic: There is no reason GM could not have retained the design for simple removal that was in the GMT800's.

Archived