Best price for XM renewal

I keep getting XM Expiry notices in the mail. I notice the offers are getting better the longer i hold off. Im looking to do a lifetime renewal which they call the "Audiomax package". the initial price was $550 and now its down to $499.99. has anyone seen a better price than this?

thanks

I just paid $21.58 (including tax&fees) for 5 months service last month. Six months before that I paid $33.17 (including tax&fees) for 6 months. I've been doing this every 5 or 6 months for the last 3 years.

$77 a year is too much for me.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138785&st=0&p=1212815&&do=findComment&comment=1212815

Just got a year and a half for 80 something. i didnt pay for 6 months and told them i was going to cancel. They said theyd waive what i owe, and charge me the 6 month price for a year.

That's a pretty good deal, but the $21.58 for 5 months would be cheaper than that per month. I always turn down their first two offers. :)

$80 / 18 months = $4.44 per month

$21.58 / 5 months = $4.32 per month

You can definitely push harder man. Just think of it this way, it costs them more to not have you at all than to have you cheaper. That signal is being transmitted either way. All they have to do is push a button to allow your radio to receive.

I got the 6 months for $25 offer to. Be careful of the "lifetime" offer. A friend took them up on it a few years back. It seems it's only good on the radio you purchase it for. If you trade in your truck there goes your "lifetime" subscription.

They just auto billed me for $80 something for my second 6 months renewal so I called them. The best price they had was buy 12 months for the price of 11. F that. I'll just pay by the month for now seeing as how they don't want to cut any deals.

With ipods/mp3 players and radio... why? I just don't see the point unless your an avid sports fan who drives ALL the time. How much time are you really in your truck a day :dunno:

I passed. It just doesn't seem worth paying for imo. There's still commercials... signal isn't the greatest all the time... and quite frankly I don't think it's cheap enough.

Come live in eastern Montana you'll love xm. Not many fm or am channels(in certain spots none). I drive to the lake 135 mi one way every w/e and wouldn't be w/o xm. I like talk radio, news, and a variety of music so I really enjoy it. Just bought a new pickup so had to change over to the new pickup have the premium service. They wanted $200 for the year told them was getting to expensive just cancel it. They called me back in 5 min and offered me 2 years for $200 so I took it.

Archived