Why I will never buy a Nissan Titan

The new truck guys also tend to live in neighborhoods near major metropolitan areas. They also tend to be a bit younger, less "blue-collar," more affluent and better educated than Ford, GM, and Dodge loyalists, Nissan representatives said. :thumbs:

What do you guys think about this article? Here is the full article Nissan Titan

Let the d@mn yuppies have their ucking fugly truck!

With Nissan apparently wasting $2 million on reasearch and corporate leaders spewing out such garbage, the Titan could meet it's demise even before its introduction! :D

Nissan will never pose a real threat to the big 3 in the truck arena and they apparently know this. Let them make their feeble attempts and we can watch them falter riding the coattails! :lol:

:thumbs::jester::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::chevy::chevy:

Surveys can say anything you want them to. Nissan is claiming that the prospective buyer of the new truck is better educated because that is what they want the customer to think of himself as so he needs to buy a Nissan truck! HOGWASH! Something wrong with being blue collar worker? Lots of white collar jobs dissapearing everyday, being outsourced to india, china, etc! They want to sell 100,000 units a year? that is not a big goal at all. American trucks will always rule, I cannot even imagine a construction company with a fleet of nissans!!

If they were better educated than any of us they would be buying a truck that has proven itself over the years, not some new miracle truck. The Nissan sure seems to be the miracle truck of the decade so far with all there interesting claims. :thumbs:

But I guess we are all wrong because basically what they are saying is that we are dumb and are scared of new technology. :jester:

I've never been to big on nissan anyways....most of their trucks are fugly anyways. That takes some nerve to make a statement like that about their buyers and that Ford, GM, Chevy, Dodge buyers are less educated or somethin' like that.....yeah Whatever Nissan. I also believe that nissans (at least in the past) have had a pretty bad rusting problem.

You people are too sensitive... :thumbs:

FWIW, I bet the statement is accurate. If you wait a year or so, then check the average education level of a Titan buyer versus a domestic P/U buyer, I bet the Titan buyer is more educated. Does this make them better people? OF COURSE NOT!! Fact is, they are targeting a slightly different group of customers and one of the characteristics of that group is they tend to have a higher education level. So what? No big deal.

I own a 3/4-ton Sub and wouldn't trade it for 5 Titans. However, this statement doesn't offend me at all.

Flame if you want, but I think people are taking this a little too seriously.

Nissan has never built a truck. They build toys with beds on them that some people prefer. But Nissan and Toyota have never built a real truck.

When was the last time you saw a Nissan or Toyota doing any kind of real work around a construction site or pulling a travel trailer or cattle trailer loaded up. It doesn't happen.

I seriously doubt Nissan will sell 100,000 of these trucks. If anything, they will probably just cut into Toyota's Tundra sells. When this Nissan truck gets out I'd bet $$ Tundra's #'s will drop to about 75K a year and Nissan will be a little less. The FULL SIZE TRUCK market will always be GM, F**D, D*dge. If Toyota can't sell 100,000 Tundra's a year, how in the h#ll does Nissan think they can :thumbs: The way I look at it, the more "full" size trucks in the market, the better products we'll get from GM. I already know my next truck will be a GMC and I think I'm pretty smart :jester: Chris

I don't like the looks of the Titan, but the SUV picture above is pretty nice.. especially the interior.

I am attracted to a digital, modern looking interior.

I can't say the new Dodge or Chevy trucks don't have nice interior features though.. I haven't seen the new Ford trucks in a while but from what I seen in the past that was upcoming for the trucks.. I like them to, especially the Lariats.

As far as the Exterior goes on the Titan: :thumbs::jester::cheers::cheers:

The frontier 4-door is nice though as the Armada pictured above is.

I use my truck for work and play - for my boat, mudding, towing, hauling -- everything but I am kind of attracted to the Titan's features in the interior..

But would probably buy a new FX4 F-150, Ford Explorer, new Z-71 Avalance/Silverado, or new Dodge Dakota or Ram with 4-doors and they would all need 4WD.. Does dodge make a new 4x4 Ram??

Archived