how many of u got ziebart on there truck

gm4x4

i got the first week i bought the truck

and this is not the first time i also got it on my old car

Well worth the money if you live near the sea or just want protection from rust

the only thing got me :cool: is when they drills my doors to spray inside

i knew they will do it but it was infront of me so it heart littel bit when u see ur new truck been drill :> this was 11 months ago and they r no rust at all under the truck

i will post pics if anyone want to see ziebart under the truck or the one in the doors

you got the underbody rust proofed??? I hope they didnt plug any of the holes. I read somewhere (gm manual) that any unerbody rust proofing would void the 5 yr rust warranty because gm puts that waxy stuff on the frames (not the bext i know) and the undercoating clogs up drain holes and keeps water in and allows for more rusting

you got the underbody rust proofed??? I hope they didnt plug any of the holes. I read somewhere (gm manual) that any unerbody rust proofing would void the 5 yr rust warranty because gm puts that waxy stuff on the frames (not the bext i know) and the undercoating clogs up drain holes and keeps water in and allows for more rusting

:cool:

They have to drill holes in the doors, they have done that for many many years.

would void the 5 yr rust warranty because gm puts that waxy stuff

I ask the dealer before i do it and he told me to go to that shop for ziebart.

even the ziebart guy gave me discount because I came from that dealer also he told me 15% of the cars come from that dealer to do ziebart.

If it void the warranty or not ziebart still better than the gm waxy stuff

I haven't had one done in years. Back in the 80's Ziebart did my 1985 GMC Jimmy. I had more problems with rust than it I hadn't done anything. Rust on the door sills and doors where they had drilled. They didn't want to pay anything to have it fixed. They wanted to do the paint work in their shop to take care of it. BS, they couldn't prevent the rust in the first place, so who in the world would think they could ever successfully fix the problem. I finally sued them in small claims court and lost. Then appealed and the judge made them pay for the paint, but not the labor, plus reimburse me my court costs. For them to send two idiots from Detroit to Lansing would have more than paid for the cost of the body shop work. But they had to do it their way. The final straw was a hole rusted in the floor near sheet metal screws by the rear seat on a 4 year old vehicle. Ziebart refused to take care of it because I had missed the inspection period by one month. That was it. I have never rustproofed since then. Of course, vehicles are build much better today and the process and techniques for assembly are much better too.

To rustproof today is asking for trouble.

LARSONEM sorry to hear that.

i used to live in island and every week we take the jetski or the boat from or to the sea and u know when salt water touch the underbody what happend if u don't wash it.

all my family cars got Ziebart on. they r no problem at all

they Ziebart under the car look like the oil stuff the use it in buliding the roads it seems like a black rupper after it dry but the one in the door is yellow it look like the engine oil

Well I live in Michigan and we have winter! With even the slightest amount of snow, no one plows any more. They just pour the car rot (salt) to the highway and melt it away. After everything dries, the road is whiter than a freshly white washed picket fence. And from an environmental standpoint, the Great Lakes someday will pass the Great Salt Lake in salt content!

Archived