Rodent damage

oconnorfamily

Hi - we are very happy with Chriswell Chevy in Gaithersburg MD, but last two times our '98 LT2500 was in for failing to start they indicated they thought rodents were eating our wiring in our back wheel housing. They said they saw tooth marks. We have had car since 10/97 and never experienced this issue. Also, other cars sitting on same driveway (Lexus, SAturn, Cavlier) never had these issues.

Anyone else ever experiencing anything like this? How do you stop it? :thumbs:

My buddy had air restriction problems with his Lumina... The cause was Chipmunks...

They must not have liked his JD tractor or his Cummins Dodge though... because they didn't nest in them.

I know this really doesn't help much, but critters can do alot of damage. They tend to pick and choose, and if they pick the right place, then they can create havoc.

Get a cat :thumbs:

We have a cat. In fact, we have 3 cats. But they all live indoors, and I doubt they'd be worth much outdoors. They're beautiful but they're lazy louts. The problem referred to is that the alleged rodents are gnawing on the wiring harness for the fuel pump. The fuel pump is inside the gas tank on this Suburban and the gas tank is in the rear of the car. The wiring harness is between the rear bumper and the fuel tank.

My cousin's two year old Mustang had a round-about with rodents. Ford replaced wiring harnesses for free for about half a year and finally stopped, advising him that rodents were his problem. They were after the white molex connectors and Ford was thinking the connectors were defective or something.

Finally, they determined the connector's electrical grease was attracting the rodents. Not sure how this was resolved, but I have a feeling there are no more rodents.

Archived