Master code to radio??

Hey guys,

I set my lock code on my radio and when I went outside to jump in it and crank it up it says loc. I have forgotten the d**n code. Does anybody know if their is a way to unlock this stupid thing. I tried putting in my code but after 8 time it says inop and won't let me put another one in for an hour. It sucks not having any radio, please help me!!

I found this on another site and haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot:

Theftloc Bypass

1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed

2. Write the numbers down.

3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio

To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

:jester:

Which just goes to show you that there very little reason to lock the radio (unless you like to see the theftlock light on).

Yea,But it makes some people feel good!! :D

Thats why I never locked any of mine :jester:

• 1 month later...

GUYS............Used this method to unlock my buds radio today !

Works great and saved the $60 bucks the dealer wanted to zap

it with the Tech 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS BRON for posting this !!!!!!!!!!......................geo

This post makes me wonder just how many stock radios actually get stolen. It's not like they're really all that great to begin with.

Is there really much of a market for them?

I mean, if you're a thief, and you can get into these trucks with ease...I would think that there are enough aftermarket setups out there to steal. Who would take a stocker?

This was my main reason for upgrading the entire sound system with the exception of the head unit. It looks completely stock until you hit the loud button.

This post makes me wonder just how many stock radios actually get stolen. It's not like they're really all that great to begin with.

Is there really much of a market for them?

I mean, if you're a thief, and you can get into these trucks with ease...I would think that there are enough aftermarket setups out there to steal. Who would take a stocker?

This was my main reason for upgrading the entire sound system with the exception of the head unit. It looks completely stock until you hit the loud button.

The stock cd players from a 95-02 sell on ebay for around $100. More than used aftermarket stereos a lot of times. Add the fact that you can take one out in about 10 secs and they are pretty attactive to thieves.

If I was gonna steal stereos, I would target 99-02 fullsize Chevs with the factory cd stereos. No bolts to take out...easy and quick.

If you wanna make it where they can't just slide your headunit out, drive a screw thru the plastic on the slide mechanism. That way they can't just unclip the thing.

Nah, then they start at it with a crowbar. If they're going to steal my stereo, I'd prefer that they do it with minimal damage. :D

That's true...

A few months ago some punks broke into my brother's 96 ext. cab duallie. He had it for sale posted up by the road in front of his house. Numbnuts left it down there overnight.

They broke the passenger's quarter glass out, busted the dome light so it wouldn't be shining. I guess they were some skinny little bastards cause they climbed in the quarter window and then unlocked the door (you can't reach the lock button from outside that window). They jacked up the steering column trying to get it started. I guess they gave up when they were too dumb to do it. ( which is really easy on a 96)

Even if they had started it, they wouldn't have been able to take the thing out of park or steer it. (There are ways to get around that of course)

The kicker is, they didn't even take the stereo after they couldn't get the thing started.

That truck had the big block. They probably heard him driving the thing, it had headers, flows the works, and thought they would like to have the engine.

If they had got the thing started and that big block had fired up they probably would have s**t themselves and then ran. At least we didn't have to clean up the seats. :cheers:

• 1 year later...
That sucks. :nopity:

It's also pathetic. You're right about the easy part. I could probably break into my '92 and steal it with only a screwdriver. And I'm no thief.

Thank you very much!!!! You also saved me $50 bucks from the dealer. Just bought the truck and had to replace the battery. They still wanted to charge me... bastards! Thanks again!

Archived