black GMC emblem?

I took my GMC grille emblem apart and sanded/painted/cleared each letter and re-assembled. I color matched it to the truck. Thew it back into my GMC HD grille.

Came out pretty good if I do say so myself :crackup:

00gmc_paint_emb1.jpg

i have a 98 sierra and am looking for a black GMC grill emblem.. any links or advice?

thanks,

Brian

GMCJoe and myself have been real careful and removed the actual letters, then painted them. Reinstalled with super glue. Just be careful they are thin. I think I have links to pics on my profile. Mine is Silver Birch, front and back!!!! GMCJoe is black. It really is easy.

GMCJoe and myself have been real careful and removed the actual letters, then painted them. Reinstalled with  super glue. Just be careful they are thin. I think I have links to pics on my profile. Mine is Silver Birch, front and back!!!! GMCJoe is black. It really is easy.

I'm black :crackup::cheers:

My GMC emblem was painted Storm Gray :gmc:

It was a careful process for sure. I used a dremel on the backside of the chrome backing plate on the emblem to expose the red letters enough to pry them off :cry:

nice work on your emblem :bs:

119740838.jpg

I took my GMC grille emblem apart and sanded/painted/cleared each letter and re-assembled. I color matched it to the truck.  Thew it back into my GMC HD grille.

Came out pretty good if I do say so myself :crackup:

00gmc_paint_emb1.jpg

you should start manufacturing those emblems and selling them...it looks awesome...i would buy one

Did it on my dads denali, all I did was remove the GMC from the grill. And put painters tape over it and cut out so the red GMC was showing and painted with Krylon Fusion Plastic Paint it took about 10mins tops

2204137_63_full.jpg

also the rear:

2204137_57_full.jpg

and there Yukon

2113143_16_full.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I've seen at time billet aluminum GMC emblems on E-bay before.

Good luck.

GMCJoe, that looks nice. 

Aaron

I was going to run billet first, then I saw how much they cost :lol::)

OH, sorry GMCJoe, I think I was abducted by an alien that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also removed the letters on the tailgate and did them Silver Birch also.

I took my GMC grille emblem apart and sanded/painted/cleared each letter and re-assembled. I color matched it to the truck.   Thew it back into my GMC HD grille.

Came out pretty good if I do say so myself :)

00gmc_paint_emb1.jpg

you should start manufacturing those emblems and selling them...it looks awesome...i would buy one

Well, if you want for a small fee of course, you could send me your emblem, and I would take care of it for ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived