Trailer Brake Wiring Harness

dwembacpa

Question

I have a 2007 Crew Cab Silverado (new body style). Just bought. I have located the trailer brake wiring bundle under the dash. The ground is good, the stop light switch triggers 12+ volts when the brake pedal is depressed, but the red/black "battery" wire is not hot. I have checked every fuse in the truck and all are good. Is there a fuse or jumper that I need to install to get power to this wire. The owners manual refers to a J fuse that must be installed to get power to the aux battery feed to the trailer, but does not mention that any fuses are needed to power the under the dash wiring. Even with a fuse installed to power Stud 2 (the trailer battery feed), I still do not have power to the red/black hot wire under the dash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 answers to this question

Now I need to find where the trailer battery feed wire is that is to be hooked to Stud #1. This is for a constant 12V feed to trailer for accessories, trailer battery charge, etc.

Anyone???

Its under the master cylinder,It is also a red wire with a ring terminal crimped on that is taped to a strand of wires.

There is a red/black wire with a ring terminal already crimped on that is taped to a strand of wires running to the under the hood fuse center - right along the driver's side front fender. It has a white label taped to it that indicates hot wire for trailer brake. This ring connector is to be bolted to Stud #2 on the fuse center. Trailer brakes working fine now.

Now I need to find where the trailer battery feed wire is that is to be hooked to Stud #1. This is for a constant 12V feed to trailer for accessories, trailer battery charge, etc.

Anyone???

Archived