First Mudding Trip

Khaos05

I took my truck hunting today and after my gun broke (don't ask) i decided that I'd pass the time going down some trails. It was EXTREMELY muddy and was more like 80% clay mixed with mud and standing water. The water varied from little puddles to water holes that came up to the trim on my door! I went over a few mud mounds that I thought I would high center on, but to my surprise didn't even get close.

Even though I had in in 4Hi the whole time there were a few times that I was nervous because I was sitting still, but a little more gas got me out just fine. Mud was flung up onto the top of the truck and all over the windows and hood. The wheel wells were caked with a ton of mud and it took be forever to get clean (for the most part). I didn't know until after that the trails were really for four wheelers and that's why it was so torn up, muddy, and sticky... :banghead:

I will post pictures as soon as my camera battery charges back up.

BTW - it is DEFINETLY the last time I do that kind of mudding with stock tires and no lift...scared me to DEATH! :jester:

...scared me to DEATH! :banghead:

But that's what makes it fun !!!

If ya ain't scared, ya ain't takin enough chances. It's like a fight ,,, you and your truck against the off-road elements.

Throwin' in the towel is no option. Having to pull yourself out of a mudhole just means ya fought until the end !

Although, a lift and more suitable tires are a good idea. It's like putting your truck in training for an even better fight next time !!

Glad ya made it through the trails alright. Now check the camera battery, we need pics !!!

...scared me to DEATH! :banghead:

But that's what makes it fun !!!

If ya ain't scared, ya ain't takin enough chances.

yea i know...but my parents bought me this truck 3 weeks ago...it's a loaded GMC with a sticker of 34k (even though I didn't pay close to that) so that's why I was worried...lol

yea i know...but my parents bought me this truck 3 weeks ago...it's a loaded GMC with a sticker of 34k (even though I didn't pay close to that) so that's why I was worried...lol

I probably wouldn't have let that cat out of the bag if I were you. I hope you like catching hell. :D

That hell won't come from me though. :banghead: I'm a "If the there's Grass on the field (or mud in this case), play on!" kinda guy.

I'm looking forward to the pics! :jester:

I probably wouldn't have let that cat out of the bag if I were you. I hope you like catching hell. :crackup:

That hell won't come from me though. :banghead: I'm a "If the there's Grass on the field (or mud in this case), play on!" kinda guy.

I'm looking forward to the pics! :jester:

i'm intelligent and took pics with my friends camera and washed it before I came home :D pics soon if my friend will ever email them to me

Good story, they are right though if your not scared then your not close to stuck enough. I have never come close in this truck, but when I had my 2WD S-10 I was close to being stuck alot and it was a ton of fun. Good luck with the new truck.

PICS! What we've all been waiting for! To be honest these pics don't do it justice. The mud came up over the nerf bars and the tires had about an inch of mud caked on, but after driving 15 miles it all came off the tires...and if the pic of the wheel well - it's suppossed to be red; however it's 2 1/2 thick mud caked on...

pictures may not look as extreme as I made it sound, but trust me...if this truck almost got stuck twice it was deep.

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frontleftxx0.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windshieldoi1.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rightlowerno2.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rearleftjn3.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelandwellzk0.jpg

since i bought my truck at the end of november i have been stuck 5 times with it in deep snow around shin deep, i even wore out the original general tires on my truck just trying to get out of deep snow ruts, i don't know how my truck will act in muddy situations but man it sure is fun trying getting out when you are stuck, at one point i thought i even blew my tranny but my sierra just keeps on ticking, not bad for a 2wd truck.

I expected it to look like my truck....cool pics and glad you had a nice time.

P1010461.jpg

no not quite :cool: although my tires did look like that when I got done but I drove 15-20 miles before I took these pics so I left a mud trail :D

the only thing I don't like is that it takes you forever to get all the caked on stuff off (especially inside the bumpers and on the undercarriage) and then you still feel like it's dirty...i'm worried that now my truck is going to rust out :crackup:

Archived