2007 SLE DIC Upgrade

I just wanted to let everyone know that adding the Driver Information Center (DIC) to your 2007 SLE is a snap.

I ordered the part from gmpartsdirect.com. The install took 5 minutes.

Directions (I would have taken photos but it's really unnecessary as this is so simple.)

1. Turn the truck off.

2. Pull the old section of dash (on the left of the wheel) off by hand.

3. Remove the light controls (simple plastic clips).

4. Remove the extra cable clipped into the piece of dash (it's already there just not being used...YET!

5. Install the light controls into the new piece of dash (yes it comes with the new piece of dash, new vent and the switch)

6. Plug the previously non used wire into the new switch.

7. Put the new dash plate back into place by hand.

8. Turn on the truck! You're done!

This mod gives you access to fuel mileage, range, gallons used, V8/V4 mode notification, tire pressures, tire sensor learning, key fob learning, chime volume, entry and exit lighting schemes, lock and unlock schemes (including automatic lock/unlock), unit and language choices, engine hours and probably more that I have forgotten already.

The beauty of all of this is the cost - $100.22 shipped.

Enjoy.

If you have questions, let me know!

Daddy. :confused:

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens to the standard trip-odometer type basic DIC controller? Does it still work? Can you order that panel in ebony black? I'm VERY interested! I assume all the wiring is already there? I'd like to see your finnished product.

What happens to the standard trip-odometer type basic DIC controller? Does it still work? Can you order that panel in ebony black? I'm VERY interested! I assume all the wiring is already there? I'd like to see your finished product.

I honestly haven't tried to use the original button for the original information but you get all of that through the new one. You lose no functionality whatsoever. The part I linked to is black, I have the full black interior and this is an OEM part. I can send you pics of the finished install but it looks just like the one in this link:

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news...a/photo_03.html

It's just above and to the right of the light switch and just to the right of the vent.

Daddy.

Can you try the factory switch and see what it does? I would like to see your install. Then I can see exactly what mine would look like.

Thanks!

The old switch toggles between the trip odometer and the regular odometer, it appears that the tranny temp has moved over to the new switch.

I'll try and take some pics in a few minutes and post them although it won't look any different than the link I sent before.

Daddy.

Here are the pics. As I explained, it is very simple to do this as evident by the fact that I basically just did it again in order to take these pics.

This is the old piece of dash.

img0472wk6.gif

The red arrow shows the cable that is already there now attached to the switch.

img0476xq3.gif

Now for the new piece with the switch installed.

img0478rt9.gif

There are many more screens but here's a shot of the way the display is now used.

img0483dx4.gif

I hope this is enough to get the point across.

Did I mention that the switch is also back-lit to match everything else in the truck when the lights are on?

Daddy

Is there a cheaper place to buy these? Did you have to reset the tire pressure monitor?

I don't mean to sound rude but I don't think I could be any more clear that the entire upgrade took 5 minutes and nothing more than what I have explained. However, just for clarification's sake, no, I did not have to reset the tire pressure sensors or anything else for that matter.

If you want to search for it cheaper, feel free. To the best I was able to find them, this was the cheapest option. It's $100 for something that would have cost you much more to have on your truck from the dealer.

Daddy.

Help me understand something. What package did you buy that has a DIC without control switches? I just ordered a truck on Monday and I don't wan't this little detail overlooked.

I have a SLE1 3SA with some additional options.

It shows on the GMC site that the DIC is standard but I believe that is referring to the limited use version that only gives odometer, trip odometer and tranny temp that i had prior to this upgrade. You'll probably need to ask the dealer to be certain.

Daddy.

Help me understand something. What package did you buy that has a DIC without control switches? I just ordered a truck on Monday and I don't wan't this little detail overlooked.

If you order the preferred package on Sierra SLE1 or convenience package on LT1 you should get the full DIC with contol switches to left of steering wheel.

If you order the preferred package on Sierra SLE1 or convenience package on LT1 you should get the full DIC with contol switches to left of steering wheel.

That makes sense, I suppose. I got the convenience package but not the preferred.

Daddy

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for this post! I've been searching all over trying to find a way to add the DIC to my 2007 Silverado LT.

A quick question though, is the dash plate the same for both the Sierra and the Silverado? Meaning, will the part linked to work for both?

Thanks!

Archived