Cabin Air Filters

Ah, that's what I thought. So how do I get that familiar "smells like a cat peed in my A/C" out? Is there a way to get under there and spray the core down?

My 2000 was simple b/c I could replace the two filters and spray the coils with the core cleaner. Now I have an '05, and have no clue. Any advcie?

Thanks everyone!

Guest chevydeerhunter
Ah, that's what I thought. So how do I get that familiar "smells like a cat peed in my A/C" out? Is there a way to get under there and spray the core down?

My 2000 was simple b/c I could replace the two filters and spray the coils with the core cleaner. Now I have an '05, and have no clue. Any advcie?

Thanks everyone!

Don't let your cat in your truck! :cheers:

I've never had that problem, but I think I recall a thread about the procedure for removing the smell.

Sooo, I guess the 07's don't have them either? I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual, but being as this is one of those things that seems to have grown popular in new cars over the past couple years, didn't know if it did or didn't!

Yeah, I would guess that '07 don't have them either. It seems to be a trend now. I wonder what replaces it though? I mean, you have to have some filtration especially if you live in dusty places like AZ.

I guess I'll just get under there and monkey around until I get the cover off opr break something. Whichever comes first. All of that is operating under the assumption that I can at least get to the coils to clean them.

Thanks everyone!

Don't let your cat in your truck! :withstupid:

I've never had that problem, but I think I recall a thread about the procedure for removing the smell.

i believe GM sells a spray for cleaning out the A/C ducts. requires drilling 1-2 very small holes in the heater box. have heard a couple people doing it, and had very good results with it.

02 was the last year for the cabin filters, my 03 dose not have one. you can retro one but from what i heard it's a hack job doing it, and 01-02 duct work will not interchange with 03 +

:cool:

Archived