Need Help Installing Sirius Radio In 07 Sierra

Hay all. I would like to mount my Sirius car kit unit in the cubby hole on the left side of the dash. I want to drill some holes in the back of the plastic cubby to run the wires and also to mount the base of the car kit to the back or bottom of the cubby. But to do this I need to know how to remove the cubby without breaking it or scratching up the dash. Anyone know how to remove this thing, do I need to take the bottom dash fascia panels off?

Here are a few pics to show you what im talking about.

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

Here is how I want the sirius to sit...^ ^ ^

Did you figure out how to pull apart? I would like to know. I Cant find any where to pull from and dont want to mess it up. I had the doors all apart and it was easy,but I had some directions with the product I was installing-gave me more confidence to know thing were meant to be pulled untill they come off and I wasnt going to be pulling until it broke .My 07 sierra looks different.I have a strip of plastic half inch wide just over the stereo that looks like it might come off.

My 07 sierra looks different.I have a strip of plastic half inch wide just over the stereo that looks like it might come off.

I thought all the radios looked the same, you got any pics?

I ended up mounting radio in the ashtray next to the steering colunm. Its not perminent, but it gets the job done for now till I figure out how to get the cubby out.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I saw some people questioning how to remove the dash. It's actually rather easy and doesn't require tools. Be careful with the plastic but gently pull from the top until the clips come out and work your way around the plastic. I have also included a couple of pictures to show you.

post-43196-1195247820_thumb.jpg

post-43196-1195247844_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I saw some people questioning how to remove the dash. It's actually rather easy and doesn't require tools. Be careful with the plastic but gently pull from the top until the clips come out and work your way around the plastic. I have also included a couple of pictures to show you.

Thanks for the pics, very helpfull !!

this is going to sound funny, but what I did for mine is using the suction cup base of the mobile sirius kit, i just wedged the whole thing into the cubby hole. that suction cup actually fits my cubby and wedges in nice and tight. that way I still have the ability to take it out if I want, and can move my sirius between vehs'. it's still on the pivot arm, so I can tilt my sirius from driver to passenger side and up and down as I please. Down side is that the suction cup base got bent a bit and doesn't suck onto windows anymore, but for me, that is just fine.

Archived