Skid Plate Part Numbers - '07 Suburban

I looked online and didnt see them so got the vin of a Z71 'Burb and went to parts counter:

15843753 Skid Plate $38.47

15049809 Transfer Sheild $32.32

You have to tap the exisiting holes in the frame, at least I did, 10mm 1.5.

In retrospect I'm glad I got them on, but they are, like the rest of the Z71 lore, a JOKE!

They might save your bacon so some protection is better than nothing. I suspect if the take a good hit, they must be replaced as they seem like a sacrificial part from a construction standpoint.

I looked online and didnt see them so got the vin of a Z71 'Burb and went to parts counter:

15843753 Skid Plate $38.47

15049809 Transfer Sheild $32.32

You have to tap the exisiting holes in the frame, at least I did, 10mm 1.5.

In retrospect I'm glad I got them on, but they are, like the rest of the Z71 lore, a JOKE!

They might save your bacon so some protection is better than nothing. I suspect if the take a good hit, they must be replaced as they seem like a sacrificial part from a construction standpoint.

Do you know if these part #'s are the same part #'s that the '07 GMC crew cab 4x4 1500 would use? In the past, I believe skid plates were interchangable between tahoe, sub, and pickup as long as each of them were 1/2 ton models.

I am looking to buy the factory skid plates for my new 2007 4x4 SLT (Has Z60 suspension, didnt come with skid plates).

Thanks!

You need to determne if your frame is the same, I don't know if it's a common frame like in the past. I do know my shop manuals cover more than the Sub. believe they are geared to 1500 series. The parts counter people told me the only way they could assure a match was to use a VIN from a vehicle so equipped, so I went out to the new car lot, crawled under a Z Sub to confirm what they looked like, and wrote down the VIN. I do know the 3/4 ton uses diff plates since there is a seperate procedure in the manuals for them.

This may help: http://2007suburban.com/specs.html

"New full-size SUV foundation

Suburban is built on GM's new full-size SUV platform, which incorporates features such as a new, fully boxed frame... "

Do you know if these part #'s are the same part #'s that the '07 GMC crew cab 4x4 1500 would use? In the past, I believe skid plates were interchangable between tahoe, sub, and pickup as long as each of them were 1/2 ton models.

I am looking to buy the factory skid plates for my new 2007 4x4 SLT (Has Z60 suspension, didnt come with skid plates).

Thanks!

Archived