Heated Steering Wheel...installed And Working

I had posted last week to see if anyone knew about the possibility of adding a heated steering wheel to their NBS Sierra. So after spending a couple days researching the parts and looking at the wiring schematics...I went ahead and figured I'd give it a shot. So I picked up an 07 Denali wheel in Ebony and also a new SIR Coil. I needed the new SIR Coil because it actually has wiring provisions for a heated steering wheel. Anyway...all the parts are installed and work well....all you will need to do is add a power and a ground for the heated portion. My total cost was about $265 for all the parts...and well then of course I need to change my SLT Woodgrain the the Denali Woodgrain so my dash and the wheel match. I'll find out what that is later on as far as cost goes.

Hey post some pics i would like to add to my nbs sierra. I am in lockport, Il so its even colder here. I just installed a aps998 2 way remote start on top of oem remote start to get the added range. Installed it with a dei1701g bypass nice and clean install.

Thanks

Joe

Part numbers too please.

Is the denali wood grain darker in color? I was thinking of changeing mine to the brshed silver like in the silverados

Thanks

do you have any info on the range extender, i would love one for mine, a website and what parts i need, is it an easy install??? I found a astrostart one but they don't make it for the NBS chevy yet..

I purchase a Prestige aps998 off of ebay the guy was local so i picked it up. The aps 998 is a 2 way remote start module with 1400' range i believe. I installed that with a dei 1701g module that controls the doors and starts the truck using the oem remote start feture. The installation was a bit tricky because the 2 way remote start needed some diodes to connect it to the 1701g but all in all only 4 wires and a ground connected to the truck all right under the steering wheel and i have a longer range and feed back on the keyfob. The aps998 is awesome. If you need more info send me a message. The aps998 was $139.00 and the 1701g was $59.00 but i found it online for closer to $40.00

Hey post some pics i would like to add to my nbs sierra. I am in lockport, Il so its even colder here. I just installed a aps998 2 way remote start on top of oem remote start to get the added range. Installed it with a dei1701g bypass nice and clean install.

Thanks

Joe

Part numbers too please.

Is the denali wood grain darker in color? I was thinking of changeing mine to the brshed silver like in the silverados

Thanks

Hi Joe,

I don't have a part number for the steering wheel. All I have is the part number for the SIR Coil, which I can get once I get back to work tomorrow, the receipt is in my desk...the part number is on there....the wheel I ordered from Nordstrom's in SD. Nordstrom's is a GM Dismantler this was a new Denali Wheel with 0 Miles. The wheel has the Darker "Maple" Woodtrim Ring with the Titanium Inserts on the Steering Wheel. You'll want to get the steering wheel from a yard though as its about $500 my cost at the dealer. I'll post pics when I get a chance however I don't drive or see my truck everyday since its winter and I have it in storage.

Travis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

My apologies for reviving an old thread, I have a 2007 Silverado NBS that I would like to make this modification too. It all seems really straight forword, new steering wheel and SIR coil is easy enough, but will the BCM or wiring the new SIR be an issue with the Silverado vs. Denali? Will the BCM need to be upgraded to manage the wiring for the new SIR coil after connecting a power and ground for the heated switch control?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived