Gmpp Exhaust: Borla Or Corsa?

I am looking at a GMPP dual rear exit exhaust system for my truck (GM Part#17802152). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Corsa was the original manufacturer and later it was switched to Borla (What year was the switch?). I recently saw a great deal on ebay and the seller said that their parts are from dealers looking to get rid of their excess inventory. So I don't know how old the part is and whether it was made by Corsa or Borla. Would one there be any differences between the two and would one sound better than the other? When I asked the seller who was the manufacturer, he said that it was "hard to tell." Where would the exhaust system show the manufacturer? Thanks for any help (I know, I ask a lot of questions).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=160275382485

Chris,I can get you a "concrete" answer,but it won't be until Tuesday when I can call our GM-ADI.

However I'm guessing its made by Borla,Heres why.....It has a GM part number,The systems made by CORSA had to be bought either from CORSA direct,or a CORSA distributor,and not from GM themselves and therefore DID NOT have a GM part number.

OK,I just looked at the auction link you provided on your "edited" post,It definetly looks like the Borla system because of one main thing....It says you have to buy the tips separately,with the CORSA system they come with tips.

Thanks Rich. That was a quick reply. Would you happen to know anything about the rumor of some of the GMPP exhaust systems having polished mufflers and some not? Anyways, from what I've heard, the GMPP exhausts are fairly easy to install yourself and since it is a GM accessory, I would assume it comes with installation instructions.

Yeah Chris I heard about some having polished mufflers and some not,I've never ordered any of the GM systems before,Just the CORSA systems for myself,and customers,so I don't know how you tell if it will have a polished muffler or not other than just opening the box and looking.

I am looking at a GMPP dual rear exit exhaust system for my truck (GM Part#17802152). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Corsa was the original manufacturer and later it was switched to Borla (What year was the switch?). I recently saw a great deal on ebay and the seller said that their parts are from dealers looking to get rid of their excess inventory. So I don't know how old the part is and whether it was made by Corsa or Borla. Would one there be any differences between the two and would one sound better than the other? When I asked the seller who was the manufacturer, he said that it was "hard to tell." Where would the exhaust system show the manufacturer? Thanks for any help (I know, I ask a lot of questions).

When I was doing some research on catback exhausts for my truck I called Corsa and they told me for the NBS trucks they DON'T make the exhaust for the GMPP exhaust. So I assumed it was Borla who made the GMPP exhaust.

OK,I just looked at the auction link you provided on your "edited" post,It definetly looks like the Borla system because of one main thing....It says you have to buy the tips separately,with the CORSA system they come with tips.

Hey Rich, my GMPP by Borla came with the bowtie tip welded right to the pipe. ??

Archived