Evap Vent Valve Location

nharrel

Question

I replaced mine yesterday... and it was not where alldata or chiltons said it was... Mine was BEHIND the fuel tank. Its a cylindrical plastic part that has a 5/8" plastic hose connected to it. You will need 5/8 heater hose and hose clamps to replace the valve.

My 2005 had a TSB that added a remote vent location.

It seems that for different years and truck configurations the location is different. My '04 Reg Cab Long Bed has it located where SparksTech described - between the Cab and Bed above and outboard from the gastank. I can actually see mine if I look down between the cab and the bed out toward the drivers side. I think its easier to get at if its behind the gas tank (from looking anyways).

If you have the replacement part it might not look exactly the same - since they are using and upgraded part now.

Got to replaced the evap vent value in 2005 Silverado 2 door 4x4. how hard is to do (may do it myself)? Also got a price at a dealership on the part $160.00 and $40.00 for labour (Canadian) is this a good price?

Thanks

Edited by GM4X4V8

Got the part for 160.00 and installed myself. fixed problem.

my son and husband are both pretty good at doing mechanical stuff. Son totally rebuilt a classic and works on jeeps all the time. Is replacing the Evap Vent Solenoid very difficult-between 1-10, 10 begin extrememly Five star Tech hard, what would you say?

I just replaced the one in my 06 GMC CC. I had code PO449. I bought the new designed solenoid vent valve from GM Partsdirect for 94.00 shipped. I also had to buy 4 hose clamps and 8 feet of 5/8" heater hose to relocate the inlet filter. Do a search on the site for Evap vent valve and you will learn alot about this issue.

Good Luck

Yotaman

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ*****

Ok everyone, listen up....If you have a 04 and newer silverado, with a failed evap vent solenoid, you have to read this info. Do not pay $100+ for this part(actually $150.00 at the dealer). The following part numbers associated with this part have been gm#19207763,19152349, and AC DELCO #'s 214-2082 costing over $100.00 for the modified part. This is for the modified part, with the relocation of the filterbox, and the added hose that seperates the two. No one at Gm will tell you this, but this same part, that was origionally on your silverado, is also used in the 2006 Suburban. It will be an identical replacement for what is ON YOUR TRUCK, and the cost is $24.04 AT THE DEALER. I know this because I own a 2006 silverado, and a 2006 suburban. Looked at the suburban when the part went bad on the silverado(from overfilling the tank)and bingo, same part. Ask a parts person at GM, and they will tell you otherwise, but they are lying to you. Bought the suburban part today part # 25932571 (GM #) and everything is identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the part itself. Took the part off my silverado, put the replacement on (which gm told me is not the right part), cleared the codes, and bingo no more light after 3 consecutive starts...... Why, is it that GM feels we need to pay the price for something they did wrong???? And moreso, lie to us, telling us the $150.00 part is our only choice to fix the problem. My truck went 40K miles with the origional part, and probably only went bad because of my own stupidity in overfilling the tank, whay would I not just want to spend $24.00 to put on the same part, that will probably go the rest of the life of the truck with no tank overfills???? I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED INTO PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICE that GM is trying to suck out of us.....Please pass this on to the world, and every forum you can...Get the word out....Let the parts people at GM know we are on to their BS, and they can't take advantage of us like they have.....

• Like 2

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ*****

Ok everyone, listen up....If you have a 04 and newer silverado, with a failed evap vent solenoid, you have to read this info. Do not pay $100+ for this part(actually $150.00 at the dealer). The following part numbers associated with this part have been gm#19207763,19152349, and AC DELCO #'s 214-2082 costing over $100.00 for the modified part. This is for the modified part, with the relocation of the filterbox, and the added hose that seperates the two. No one at Gm will tell you this, but this same part, that was origionally on your silverado, is also used in the 2006 Suburban. It will be an identical replacement for what is ON YOUR TRUCK, and the cost is $24.04 AT THE DEALER. I know this because I own a 2006 silverado, and a 2006 suburban. Looked at the suburban when the part went bad on the silverado(from overfilling the tank)and bingo, same part. Ask a parts person at GM, and they will tell you otherwise, but they are lying to you. Bought the suburban part today part # 25932571 (GM #) and everything is identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the part itself. Took the part off my silverado, put the replacement on (which gm told me is not the right part), cleared the codes, and bingo no more light after 3 consecutive starts...... Why, is it that GM feels we need to pay the price for something they did wrong???? And moreso, lie to us, telling us the $150.00 part is our only choice to fix the problem. My truck went 40K miles with the origional part, and probably only went bad because of my own stupidity in overfilling the tank, whay would I not just want to spend $24.00 to put on the same part, that will probably go the rest of the life of the truck with no tank overfills???? I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED INTO PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICE that GM is trying to suck out of us.....Please pass this on to the world, and every forum you can...Get the word out....Let the parts people at GM know we are on to their BS, and they can't take advantage of us like they have.....

Glad to see that someone may have already found a solution to this problem. I have a 2003 Silverado. I too am guilty of "topping-off". I'm getting both PO449 and PO455 codes. How do I ensure I'm getting the right part? I'd obviously like to get the $24 version since the dealer just told me it's $80 to scan it and then depending on the issue up to $500 to fix it. Please let me know if you need further information. The difference here is that you have a 2006 and I have a 2003. My GM part number is: 19152345. The AC Delco one you mention doesn't list this part number. I just need to figure out what the Suburban version of mine is. Thanks in advance, Brian

I just replaced the EVAP vent valve with the "New and improved " ACdelco part # 214-2082 which relocates the filter box. It wasn't to hard a job. My question is does this fix the problem when the tank is filled up to the top? I can't imagine not being able to fill the tank all the way up. Does any one elase think this is a problem and does any one else no if there is a way to stop the problem other than not being able to fill it all the way up.