Rubber...

After reading all the complaints about the GM wheel well liners, I decided to undercoat mine. So I bought some 3M rubberized undercoating and went to town last night. I am very pleased with the outcome.

I had to decide between the 3M and an off brand. I am glad I went with the 3M. I ran out right before I was completely finished and had to get some of the other brand. I sprayed it in 2 spots and said forget that. It does not look anywhere near as good. So there are a couple areas that need touched up, but I am very pleased.

DSCN3366.jpg

DSCN3367.jpg

DSCN3368.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

I know! I need to debadge. It's a process

:thumbs: That look's really good. I paint mine every year. That is a touch that can really set a truck off. I see so many trucks out there that have this area neglected. I saw a lifted truck the other day with nasty old rust in the fender wells, really looked like shit.

Thanks guys for all the complements! I can't believe I waited so long to do it. I'm really glad I didn't end up buying the GM liners. I am sure they would have ended up on ebay. Plus, this cost me less than $20.

How long did that take to do?

Less than an hour. Just taped off the edge of the fenders and covered the tires/wheels.

Really looks good, is the 3M rubberized undercoating from a spray can? Sorry for the Stupid Question as I'm a Newbie.

~GARB~

It is from a spray can. You can find it at Wal-Mart and most of your part stores. Again, I don't recommend the off brands. The 3M was a little more expensive, but after spraying both of them, the 3M lays down great and has a much nicer texture then the cheaper brand I bought. That can is now in the trash.

Archived