Abs Light

CT9A

Question

1994 Suburban K1500. ABS light turns on after the truck rolls about 10' and turns off every time the ignition is cycled. How do I start to trouble shoot it? Can it still be scanned since it turns off every time the ignition is turned off? Is there anyway to pull the codes without a scanner?

0 answers to this question

This is what I did...

1. connect terminals A and H with a jumper wire

2. turn the ignition key on but DO NOT start the engine(at this time your ABS light should start blinking,watch closely and count the blinks.) You should see it blink once,short space then twice,this is code 12.This lets you know the system is working.

3. After that there will be more flashes,count 'em.2 flashes, a space,then 4 flashes is a 24 code then look up the code.I believe the flashes will repeat 3 times

4.Never start your engine with the jumper wire in place..your ECM won't like it

By doing this I found the sensor on the left front tire was bad,I replaced the sensor and no more ABS light.Here is a picture I scanned from a Haynes manual showing the ALDL and where to put the jumper wire

Garyscan.jpg

I probably should've asked: this is for your 94 K1500?

This is what I did...

1. connect terminals A and H with a jumper wire

2. turn the ignition key on but DO NOT start the engine(at this time your ABS light should start blinking,watch closely and count the blinks.) You should see it blink once,short space then twice,this is code 12.This lets you know the system is working.

3. After that there will be more flashes,count 'em.2 flashes, a space,then 4 flashes is a 24 code then look up the code.I believe the flashes will repeat 3 times

4.Never start your engine with the jumper wire in place..your ECM won't like it

By doing this I found the sensor on the left front tire was bad,I replaced the sensor and no more ABS light.Here is a picture I scanned from a Haynes manual showing the ALDL and where to put the jumper wire

Garyscan.jpg

I probably should've asked: this is for your 94 K1500?

Go to Auto Zone for the codes,I"ll try to insert a link(never done this before)Auto Zone

Just thought of something else...I believe the rear axle work off the speed sensor and there actually is no code for each rear wheel(they work together)

Archived