2007 Silverado Won't Start!

Help!

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 Z81, and I drove it Christmas night just fine. I went to start it yesterday to leave to Denver, and noticed the lights in the cab didn't come on when i opened the door which i thought was odd.. tried to turn the ignition, and nothing. not even an attempt, acted like there was no power to anything. Did the jumpstart thing, and still nothing, even when it was powered off the other truck, no lights, nothing at all. GM Goodwrench dealer can't figure it out, they're holding the truck til Monday to work on it but they can't figure it out. Asking for anyone's assistance on this one!

:D

Is this the new body style? I have a 2007 that is just the WT package with a V6 with extended cab with the new body style. I have never had this exact problem but I have had to jump start it several times. I also have a couple of the electric lifts in the back. One to open the topper & another to load my power chair (electric wheelchair). I think there is just a lot of things on these new pickups that require a lot of power to run like the stupid daytime running lamps, electric radiator fans, onstar, and there is probably more things that I don't know about. I've also been told that if you have one of the new Corvette's and don't drive it every day, you had better get a battery maintainer or won't start when you want to drive it. I think there is a problem with the 2007 Silverado's with the new body style. Hopefully someday GM will come out with a factory update that will resolve the issue. In the mean time I pulled the daytime running lamps fuse and have bought a new 760cc amp battery (glass matt and not the old led plate type) in hopes that the extra amps will help with the problem. I wish I could also disable that stupid sensor that turns you're lights on for you. I think I'm smart enough to know when to turn the lights on. I am going on 51 and have driven Chevy's my whole life and this is the first vehicle I have had with a starting problem. I always leave my fuzz buster on 24/7 and have the radio blaring while I'm outside working on stuff and have never had a Chevy that left me stranded. Let me know what they find out on you're pickup.

Help!

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 Z81, and I drove it Christmas night just fine. I went to start it yesterday to leave to Denver, and noticed the lights in the cab didn't come on when i opened the door which i thought was odd.. tried to turn the ignition, and nothing. not even an attempt, acted like there was no power to anything. Did the jumpstart thing, and still nothing, even when it was powered off the other truck, no lights, nothing at all. GM Goodwrench dealer can't figure it out, they're holding the truck til Monday to work on it but they can't figure it out. Asking for anyone's assistance on this one!

:fume:

Sounds like your old battery is just stone-dead and won't even take a jump or a charge. It is possible.

I'd start with a fresh battery, then do a milli-amp draw test.

Do you have any open recalls on this truck??

If this a New Body Style, did you get your Body Control Module reprogrammed with updated software??

Post the last 8 vin digits here...I can do a search on the VIN to see if you have any recalls open.

Sounds like your old battery is just stone-dead and won't even take a jump or a charge. It is possible.

Yes, it happens. My boat battery worked fine, and one week later, I would not even get a click when trying to start the boat. I took my voltmeter, and I measured 1 Volt at the battery terminals (instead of 12.5 for a fully charged battery)!!!!!!!!! A new battery solved the issue.

What they found was the battery was completely frozen, had 1.4v on it, would not charge or hold a charge, and also said the megafuse on the passengers side behind the battery was loose and needed tightened. Nothing about the BCM upgraded or anything.

My last 8 digits are: 71689550

I'd start with a fresh battery, then do a milli-amp draw test.

Do you have any open recalls on this truck??

If this a New Body Style, did you get your Body Control Module reprogrammed with updated software??

Post the last 8 vin digits here...I can do a search on the VIN to see if you have any recalls open.

Almost the same thing with my '07 Silverado, but a week later. I had driven it last two days prior with no issues. I try to remote start it yesterday and nothing but a couple clicks. I jumped it off one of those portable battery jumpers, drove it and it started the next time without a problem. The temp's are 10-20deg here and I'm sure that's also paying into the battery failures. I've read various forums with members questioning if ac/delco battery's are the week link in the chain. I'll be replacing my battery asap any suggestions?

Currently looking at:

Sears Diehard Gold

Sears Diehard Platinum

Optima Red or Yellow

Odyssey PC1500

Duralast Gold

I've always been partial to Interstate batteries...

I have also had great luck with Sears Diehards as well.

Reality is, however, there are only a small number of battery makers any more --- they all badge engineer them.

I've always been partial to Interstate batteries...

I have also had great luck with Sears Diehards as well.

Reality is, however, there are only a small number of battery makers any more --- they all badge engineer them.

And Walmart has the best prices on batteries and their batteries are probably the same thing made by the same manufacturer as Sears DieHard. I have had very good luck with Walmart batteries so far.

Help!

:lol:

Disconnect both battery cables & hook the jumper cables directly to your battery cables - if it starts then your battery is shorted.

Archived