Beware of truckaddons.com

I ordered a pair of manik step bars from truckaddons.com and recieved them approx 3 weeks later.I had to refuse them because they were damaged from bumping around on the truck for 2 weeks,they had put the wrong address and phone # on the freight bill.I can't seem to contact anyone with truckaddons,i have left voice mails,e mailed them several times and I have yet to get a call back or resonce.I have finally resorted to contacting the better buisness bureau...I just thought i would warn everyine to steer clear of this buisness and avoid the trouble i am having....

they are not scammers   I have known the owner and workers for over 13 years being that the shop is in my home town... they are great guys            they hire out ppl to run the distribution center...

so truckaddons.com is not the problem it's the lexington distribution center

I'll try to get you the dis. center number  but I'm not promising anything.

Well Dude,you may not think they are but check out the complaints that have been filed against them at the Better Buisness Bureau........I would apprieciate any help you can give me.I got my hands on the return freight bill and the damaged bars have been returned.I have a signed document that proves it..all i want is what i paid for....Gun

I agree that truckaddons.com is a disgrace of a business.  Ironically I ordered some "in-stock" Manick nerfs on July 2nd.  I cancelled the order July 18th after they wouldnt give any answers as to why they werent shipped.  They would never return my calls, and were rude on the phone.  They were probably the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I could care less if they "like" me or not.  What happened is that truckaddons bought up a lot of places and cant figure out how to run it correctly.  I do believe they get most orders correct, but it doesnt make up for the really big screw-ups.  Also, they DO NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS.   :cool:

I've never dealt with them.  But I've checked for stuff there before, but everything I wanted was always more exspensive there than I found it at other online places.   From the sounds of it, I'm glad I never ordered anything from them now.

I'm with Elwood.  If a company screws over ONE person and doesn't bend over backwards to compensate them, I do not want to deal with them.  Who knows!  The next person to get screwed could be me...or you!

Crutchfield has the idea down pat!    PUTCO is wonderfull too!  Companies make a profit.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be in business.  I do not have a problem with a company making a profit off of a sale, but I do expect them to EARN it (every time with EVERY customer).

they are not scammers   I have known the owner and workers for over 13 years being that the shop is in my home town... they are great guys            they hire out ppl to run the distribution center...

so truckaddons.com is not the problem it's the lexington distribution center

I'll try to get you the dis. center number  but I'm not promising anything.

:cool:  Sorry Larry my man, if its their distributin center, then its their problem.

If the customer dealt with them and they cant find a better way to get the product to the customer, then they wont stay in business long.

Here is an update:

Still don't have my bars,been over a month now.I have been leaving voice mail after voice mail,still can't reach their rep named Dan.I found out the owners name,I am now trying to get in touch with him.I recieved an e mail from him this morning,said he will get with this person named Dan and see if he can resolve this.I will keep you guys posted.I'm not getting my hopes up yet though..Gun

OK,got an e mail from Dan @ truckaddons, says their president Barry had to call reliable automotive,their supplier,and had them finally issue a credit for my first set of bars,and then Dan placed an order for my second set ,that is supposed to get to me in 5 to 7 days.I am still not happy because I shouldn't have had to fight so hard for this to get resolved.If anyone else is having trouble with these guys,shoot me an e mail,I have all their extentions and I also have the president of the companys e mail addy..Gun

PS: thanks chevy 4X4,got the goodyear dealer down here to give me $50 a pop for the cheesey 245 firestones,I know it's not much but better than nothing.And by the way these MTR's will get it in the mud,the only thing i've had that pull better are the boggers.They'll run circles around the BFG MT's or swampers.......Gun

I have to agree with DiHappy. If truckaddons hired lexington distribution center as their distributor it's their problem. I order most my stuff through stylin concepts. They are pretty reasonable on price, and there customer service is second to none. I order something and have it within 2-3 days. I have been convinced to never deal with truckaddons. Thanks Shotgun for the heads up on their shady business.

Archived