Decent Deal?

Did anyone ever figure out a way to get the power fold feature to work in a truck not originally equipped with DL3? I remember reading about door modules?

Yeah door modules were a must according to the TSB that GM released regarding the mirror upgrades...not sure if anybody came up with a workaround

I bought mine for our Suburban about 6 weeks ago. I paid $120 shipped ($112 w/o shipping) for the pair. The cover had a tiny scuff mark on it. I just popped the cover off and used my existing covers. From the research I've done, you pretty much need the door panel with the wood grain trim to be able to use the power fold as the factory intended. There is one article where someone rigged up a 2 position single pole switch for adding the power fold that way. Our 'burb does have the wood grained switch, so I'm just waiting to find one of those cheap so I can then take it to get the BCM flashed.

i got mine from an ebay seller for $200 shipped. it was a company based out of arizona, they had a ton of new take offs back when i ordered mine.

Do you still have their ebay store link or contact information?

Thanks

it was either azpartsexpress, or azpartsexpressonline. both of those sellers exist on ebay and unfortunately i can't remember which one i bought from. i ended up calling them and ordering over the phone, so there was no ebay involvement whatsoever. otherwise i would just look at my ebay account bid history and tell you who it was.

There is one article where someone rigged up a 2 position single pole switch for adding the power fold that way.

Do you have a link to that article...I'd love to see a write-up for making the power fold work...I have to fold my mirror in to clear a support pole in my garage.

I wouldnt be concerned about the folding but can can you get the signal and the auto tinting working just from plugging them in?

You can keep the heaters and gain the signals simply by plugging them in. As for auto-dimming, not sure.

There is one article where someone rigged up a 2 position single pole switch for adding the power fold that way.

Do you have a link to that article...I'd love to see a write-up for making the power fold work...I have to fold my mirror in to clear a support pole in my garage.

I have the link to it, but I won't post it - at least until I hear from an Admin. I'm too new here and not familiar enough with the ground rules to know whether or not I can post a link to another forum. If you want to PM or e-mail me I will send you the link that way.

I wouldnt be concerned about the folding but can can you get the signal and the auto tinting working just from plugging them in?

On our '08 Suburban, it came with the wood grained door panels it had the modules built in. I was able to plug the mirrors in and got power, heat, turn signal and electrochromatic (self-dimming). I don't have a button for the auto fold. GMPartsDirect has the switch for around $100 or so. I'm watching other places - namely ebay - to see if I can find one there. There was one for awhile, but they wanted something like $59 + S&H and it said the buttons were worn so I passed. I will then have to have the BCM Flashed to make it work. I've heard some dealers can be a pain to work with on getting that done if someone doesn't know the Tech II system. BTW, my mirrors do not have the puddle light (wish they did). I've also heard that the puddle light requires a BCM flash. Not sure what will work on the Silverados/Sierras w/o the wood grained panel.

Archived