GMT900 Chevy Foglamps Fuse Block Side

Here are the pics I promised of the wires at the fuse block for the fog lamp kit on the GMT900 Silverado

All pics are hosted on Photobucket, I am sorry if like me at work you cant view them. Get back to work!! LOl!!

Fuse block note the small gauge clean wire loom roing to the front of the cover. This is the power supply single wire for the foglamps

ChevFoglamps010x.jpg

Pull the cove off and lift the gray handles like so. The fuse block will lift straight up revealing the wire junction connectors beneath

ChevFoglamps011x.jpg

This is the junction block connectors under the fuse block. The bottom left light gray connector is the one that needs pulled. The single purple wire is the power wire

ChevFoglamps012x.jpg

Another pic, same connector removed showing the purple wire again

ChevFoglamps013x.jpg

the point of my special GM pointing tool shows where the terminal goes with the connector in place. The red slides on the side of the connector need to be removed before you insert the terminal. they are the 'Position Assurance Locks' that keep all the terminal firmly seated. just slide them out the side of the connector with a small flat screwdriver or pick.

ChevFoglamps015x.jpg

Once installed, they look and perform exactly like trucks that have them equipped from the factory. For color comparison, my low beams are PIAA bulbs now, the fogs have the stock bulb. Its not a normal bulb, it looks more like an Osram style bulb. It puts out quite a bit of light. focal pattern is good for stock lamps, you can see how close to the truck it lights up.

ChevFoglamps002x.jpg

The power wire just needs to be run to the accessories and grounded. Once done, the fog lamp switch will automatically power the circuit, no programming required. As an added bonus, the fog lamp indicator on the dash will come on too. Let me know if anyone needs more pics or if I can answer any more questions!

• Like 1

yes I purchased the GM kit, but since I work there I wont post the price.. I dont know how much the Sierra kit would run, or how much more or less it would be to install it. one piece bumper vs 1000 piece on the Chevy. What were they thinking!?!?

From what I can tell, on the Sierra, you already have the pockets for the lamps. I personally would find a nice set of projectors and fab up mounting in the existing holes, make a single wire power harness and get the foglamp ready headlamp switch and go to town.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I installed my fog light kit over the weekend on my '08 Silverado. Everything was going just fine, until the wiring. I couldn't get the power wire to snap in place on the block. I remembered your post, looked at it again. It was the red slider that I needed to remove. The GM instructions did not mention that. Thanks again

For my sierra, I bought the light switch (D1500J) from Amazon (AC-direct) for $41. The lights are available on ebay for about $35 each plus shipping, for both shipped it is $90. I ended up using a 5" aftermarked lights from foglightking on ebay because they are metal and better bulbs for about $60 and used the wiring from that kit to the fuse block. All I needed to know was where to hook up in the fuse block and Rolling provided that with the pictures. All works great. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Here are the pics I promised of the wires at the fuse block for the fog lamp kit on the GMT900 Silverado

All pics are hosted on Photobucket, I am sorry if like me at work you cant view them. Get back to work!! LOl!!

Fuse block note the small gauge clean wire loom roing to the front of the cover. This is the power supply single wire for the foglamps

ChevFoglamps010x.jpg

Pull the cove off and lift the gray handles like so. The fuse block will lift straight up revealing the wire junction connectors beneath

ChevFoglamps011x.jpg

This is the junction block connectors under the fuse block. The bottom left light gray connector is the one that needs pulled. The single purple wire is the power wire

ChevFoglamps012x.jpg

PLEASE HELP.....

I am currently doing this mod on a 2009 GMC Sierra....when I lift the grey handles, all the block connectors remain attached to the fuse block....I can only lift it up 2". Any help will be appreciated....Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HELP! 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT 4X4

First post. Just installed the "1 x Silverado 1500 Fog Lamps, Clear Lens, 24 Watt, Black (41U) (19170441)" kit from ShopChevyParts.com. I tested the entire circuit with a multimeter and everything seems fine, however when i turn on the fog lamp switch the marker lights and the green light in the cluster comes on but not the fog lamps. I called the dealer and they said the computer needs flashed. Any suggestions?

Nowhere in the instructions does it say to flash the module. I would guess there is a ground that needs some attention. Where did you attach the fog lamp harness to the frame?

Rolling...thanks for the quick response, the ground is attached to the frame in the same spot the the chassis ground is located; right below the

post-101054-1316134268_thumb.jpg