Help A Fellow Gmt Member

I have a big problem, I did the Corvette servo mod and I cannot get the snap ring back into the housing, I've been working on this for 2.5 hours and I cannot get it to seat. If someone is in the Burbank California area and can help me out, it would be appreciated so much. I can also give you some money for your time.

I have a big problem, I did the Corvette servo mod and I cannot get the snap ring back into the housing, I've been working on this for 2.5 hours and I cannot get it to seat. If someone is in the Burbank California area and can help me out, it would be appreciated so much. I can also give you some money for your time.

I can't offer much more than moral support... but I'll tip my glass of Captain Morgan's in your honor and root for your success. :driving:

I can't offer much more than moral support... but I'll tip my glass of Captain Morgan's in your honor and root for your success. :driving:

Hear, Hear! :lol:

I get the everything pushed in far enough, I just cannot get the snap ring to stay in 1 place so I can seat it.

We'll keep you bumped to the top. Maybe somebody that has done it themselves will jump in. :driving:

I get the everything pushed in far enough, I just cannot get the snap ring to stay in 1 place so I can seat it.

I would come over and help of I was in the area. Someone around Burbank to help our fellow member out? :driving:

...psst....Jim....pass the Captain...

So far the moral support isn't working it did help, it was close, I was hoping it would be what I needed. I can't get enough of the ring pushed down so it will get lodged in the ridge.

So far the moral support isn't working it did help, it was close, I was hoping it would be what I needed. I can't get enough of the ring pushed down so it will get lodged in the ridge.

Damn Chris... too bad we can't help ya out there.

Don't know if this helps you or not but I found this in another servo thread.

Good set of instructions. Here`s a couple of hints. A 6 inch long piece of 2x2 wedged between the cover and bottom of the bodywill work as a perfect pry bar to press down on the cover to remove and replace outer snap ring. In order to depress spring in fig 6 of instructions get a 4 inch "c" clamp from your local hardware store. A cap off of a 16oz coke bottle put on the end of the '"c" clamp will protect parts from being scratched. The hardest part of the install is replacing the outer snap ring. Just make sure the cover is fully depressed and the snap ring will go right in.

Perhaps someone who did it themselves has a little secret they are willing to part with? I'm using a crow bar because that's all I have, I have enough leverage with it I just need a way to keep that pressure so I can possibly get both hands in there to push it in.

Good set of instructions. Here`s a couple of hints. A 6 inch long piece of 2x2 wedged between the cover and bottom of the bodywill work as a perfect pry bar to press down on the cover to remove and replace outer snap ring. In order to depress spring in fig 6 of instructions get a 4 inch "c" clamp from your local hardware store. A cap off of a 16oz coke bottle put on the end of the '"c" clamp will protect parts from being scratched. The hardest part of the install is replacing the outer snap ring. Just make sure the cover is fully depressed and the snap ring will go right in.

I've seen that post before and the cover is in far enough, I just can't push the ring in with 1 hand. Thanks though, it is appreciated.

I've seen that post before and the cover is in far enough, I just can't push the ring in with 1 hand. Thanks though, it is appreciated.

Do you have anywhere you could go buy a set of snap ring pliers? Not sure if a parts store will have those in stock or not.

Archived