Tailgate Clearance Light- Part Numbers

I'm adding the clearance light under the tailgate found on quadrasteer/dually GMT800s to my Silverado. So far I have the part number of the light (15248604) and harness (15895994). I need the part numbers of parts 2 and 4 in the picture below. Where does the harness plug in to and which number is it in the diagrams?

On a side note, what is that extra line with a cap coming off the trailer plug for?

post-50644-1249598946_thumb.png

post-50644-1249598960_thumb.png

I'm adding the clearance light under the tailgate found on quadrasteer/dually GMT800s to my Silverado. So far I have the part number of the light (15248604) and harness (15895994). I need the part numbers of parts 2 and 4 in the picture below. Where does the harness plug in to and which number is it in the diagrams?

On a side note, what is that extra line with a cap coming off the trailer plug for?

I like to add this light to my truck. The numbers also are for the dually GMT900s.

It's actually a fuse...Pop the cap off

It's actually a fuse...Pop the cap off

If its what I think it is,Its the wire for a third brake light.

On the harness,The best thing you could do is make your own,Heres why...The harness you need from GM is designed to plug into two other harnesses....Both a left,and a right side harness,Which is for the two lights that are on the bedsides of the quadrasteers/duallys (so you would need two harnesses....RH harness part#15094874,and the license plate lamp wiring harness part#15851788)

A guy in our body shop has an '05 2500HD and added the same light you want,He just made his own harness by running wires and splicing them into the license plate light wiring,Which is one of the harnesses you would need anyway (IE-The clearance light gets its power from the license plate lights)

Hope that wasn't too confusing! :thumbs:

BTW Chris,In the second picture you posted,Item#1 is the RH harness part#15094874,and item#6 is the license plate lamp wiring harness part#15851788.

On the harness,The best thing you could do is make your own,Heres why...The harness you need from GM is designed to plug into two other harnesses....Both a left,and a right side harness,Which is for the two lights that are on the bedsides of the quadrasteers/duallys (so you would need two harnesses....RH harness part#15094874,and the license plate lamp wiring harness part#15851788)

A guy in our body shop has an '05 2500HD and added the same light you want,He just made his own harness by running wires and splicing them into the license plate light wiring,Which is one of the harnesses you would need anyway (IE-The clearance light gets its power from the license plate lights)

Hope that wasn't too confusing! :rollin:

Hi MS3DALE,

I want to know what is the harness part#15895994.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope that wasn't too confusing! :thumbs:

Hi MS3DALE,

I want to know what is the harness part#15895994.

Thank you.

Archived