Where To Find Power, 09 Silverado?

Hello everyone, this is my first post, glad to be here.

I just purchased a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab after having a 1992 Silverado for many years. Talk about a different animal, whew.

I had a small Streamlight flashlight with 12v charging cradle installed in my old Silverado and am trying to figure out where to tap into some power. It was pretty easy on the old truck at the fuse box, but I have no idea where to look for an ignition controlled power accessory type connection. I was trying to keep from using one of the two cigarette lighter plugs because of them being on the front of the dash and did not want a wire hanging off of the dash all the time. I found the fuse box in the cab next to the door but it did not look like it has an accessory post. Any help greatly appreciated.

tks

progress.gif

I had the same problem when I installed my amp. I was looking for a remote with a stock reciever. I had to run a wire to the fuse box under the hood. Find yourself a 12v test light and have some fun.

Tks, thats kinda what I figured, the fuse box against the door are those tiny fuses and there really aint to room to go into there for anything. I would have though that they would have made an ignition controlled accessory post somewhere in the cab under the dash, like they used to have in the old fuse boxes, long ago, where you could just crimp on a specific plug and plug it into the fuse box where it said "acc".

I had the same problem when I installed my amp. I was looking for a remote with a stock reciever. I had to run a wire to the fuse box under the hood. Find yourself a 12v test light and have some fun.

Tks, thats kinda what I figured, the fuse box against the door are those tiny fuses and there really aint to room to go into there for anything. I would have though that they would have made an ignition controlled accessory post somewhere in the cab under the dash, like they used to have in the old fuse boxes, long ago, where you could just crimp on a specific plug and plug it into the fuse box where it said "acc".

So there's no open spares and no room for a fuse tap? lol That's lame.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a junction box (at least there is on the 07-08s) behind the brake pedal with some RAP connections. I tied in there for my satellite radio. Comes on with the key and goes off after I turn the key off and open the door.

• 1 year later...

Yes there's an empty plug on the left with some male spades sticking out, just test for power once you have found it insert a female spade on it with your wire and you're done, it works just fine, that is where I plugged my cd changer!!

There is a junction box (at least there is on the 07-08s) behind the brake pedal with some RAP connections. I tied in there for my satellite radio. Comes on with the key and goes off after I turn the key off and open the door.

Archived