Passenger Side Door Has No Power

whathappened_24

Question

10 answers to this question

I have a 2003 Gmc Sierra 1500. All of a sudden there is no power to the passenger side door. I pulled all the fuses and nothing was blown? Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm going to assume that you mean that your power window and lock buttons on the passenger side door panel do not work at this time correct? If that assumption is correct does the lock/window work from the drivers door panel switches?

Yes - the power window and lock button on the passenger side door do not work. The buttons from the drivers side for the passenger side do not work either, but the drivers side window and lock work fine! Also the power mirror adjusts the drivers side but not the passengerside. thanks

I have a 2003 Gmc Sierra 1500. All of a sudden there is no power to the passenger side door. I pulled all the fuses and nothing was blown? Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm going to assume that you mean that your power window and lock buttons on the passenger side door panel do not work at this time correct? If that assumption is correct does the lock/window work from the drivers door panel switches?

Service manuals say "copyright" on them...

And these are $135 or so at helminc.com, not much in relation to a $20,000 or more vehicle. (Or a $900 repair bill!)

Anyway check the following fuses/circuit breaker...

RT DOOR circuit breaker

PDM fuse

MBEC 1 fuse

Your owners manual should have information on locations of "fuse boxes" in your vehicle.

How to check fuses...

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Test_Fuse.htm

If those test good, there would be a "passenger door module" (computer module). You would need a GM factory service manual to tell you which wires to test on this to be sure it was getting power. I suppose you could pull the door panel and be sure the electrical connectors were on good.

And for the service manual testing/troubleshooting, you would need to know how to use a multimeter. How to use a multimeter...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...ter&aqi=g10

HI GUYS - JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I REPLACED THE PASSENGAR DOOR SIDE MODULE AND NOW I HAVE POWER BACK TO THE DOOR. I WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE THAT I HAD POWER TO THE CONNECTORS TO THE PDM AND FIGURED IT HAD TO BE THE PDM

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I HAD A CHILTON'S MANUAL THAT HAS SOME ELECTRICAL DIAMGRAMS THAT I WAS ABLE TO USE.

Hello Sir,

I have a 2004 suburban doing exactly the same thing, could you tell me where the passenger door side module is located and where you got the part? I have had some other relays, fuses and circut breakers that needed replaced but am not familiar with this module but have read the service bulletins.

Thank you in advance,

John

[email protected]

HI GUYS - JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I REPLACED THE PASSENGAR DOOR SIDE MODULE AND NOW I HAVE POWER BACK TO THE DOOR. I WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE THAT I HAD POWER TO THE CONNECTORS TO THE PDM AND FIGURED IT HAD TO BE THE PDM

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I HAD A CHILTON'S MANUAL THAT HAS SOME ELECTRICAL DIAMGRAMS THAT I WAS ABLE TO USE.

Ok cant for the life of me figure out how to start a new topic but it does relate to this subject

I have an 07 silverado LT ext cab. I let a friend install a stereo for me while I was at work. He did not bother to use the $150 wiring harness I purchased, and since I have lost function of the passenger windows front and rear, the drivers door lock button, and the passenger door lock actuator. Also the passenger window buttons on the drivers side are unresponsive. you can hear clicking on passenger side when u press buttons, but windows no worky After a lot of troubleshooting, here are my findings.

1 I have relpaced any blown fuses

2 reinstalled factory radio, as well as repair wiring that he spliced into

3 Checked for power at passenger window switch and driver door lock button

4 all have power to the switches the drivers side door lock button reads 10v instead of 12. everything else is 12.3 with motor not running

5 disconected battery and hoped it would all reset (no such luck)

I am hoping there is a 25a fuse like the one hidden behind the interior fuse panel for the lt dr for the rt dr, and if not i am suspecting either a bad passeneger door module, or a fried circuit in the computer! So is the PDM actually in the passenger side switch, or somewhere else? I do know that fuse 9 should be to the PDM and Drivers door lock, but the fuse checks good and has 12.3 volts on boths sides.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I'd love to resolve this issue before i have to put it all back together.

I had the exact same issue on a 2007 suburban. No power to Passenger side door, no window, no remote lock and mirror on passenger side door. Also had no control to that side with the driver side controls.

Took me 15 minutes to repair. popped the driver side electrical button panel on the driver side door. Reseated all control connectors, on mine was three. Sprayed WD-40 on them before I put them all back. Popped the panel back in! And all worked once again.

I was changing the passenger side power tow mirror on my 2005 Chev Duramax . When i installed the new mirror and plug it in to the door control module nothing worked. The window, door lock, heated seat or mirror controls. I can find the fuse for the right door controls. I'm not sure if it is a fuse problem or a computer communication problem.  Looking for help.

I have a 2003 gmc Yukon and I had to replace the ecm and the bcm both and now I have all kinds of issues the truck is running and driving now but I lost complete power to the passenger door it's like it's dead also the only window that will roll down is the rear passenger and the sunroof quit working also there is basically every light on the dash on the power locks work but not the passenger door the dome light dosent even come on when opened I jus don't Kno where to turn