Best Door Speakers?

Just trying to get some opinions on what the best overall sounding 6.5" door speakers are with the stock stereo in my silverado for under $120.00. Also does anyone know what the factory deck puts out for power? Thanks in advance

i put alpine and bose in my truck.however the bose cost around 300 dollars for certain types but the alpines are heavy duty, have great sound and were around 140 bucks but its worth it :dunno: i also believe the deck output is a total of 120 watts .you may want to look at upgrading the deck,thats what i had to do in order to get the best sound

Just trying to get some opinions on what the best overall sounding 6.5" door speakers are with the stock stereo in my silverado for under $120.00. Also does anyone know what the factory deck puts out for power? Thanks in advance

If you're not adding amplification then don't waste your money on expensive speakers....go to walmart, etc. and pickup some pioneers, etc. and you'll be happy.....anything beats the paper speakers you have now.

I replaced my stock door speakers with Sony gtx-1620x 6 1/2" with separate tweeters and crossover (components). They fit in place of all the originals (originaly came w/ separate tweeters) installed the crossovers under the dash. They sound great for around a $100. found mine on ebay. These will handle 200w , the stock radio will still push them, but the stock radio really is a weak link in the chain. Hope this helps!

I put in Polk DB component speakers. I had to use a .25 gasket to keep the magnet from interfering with the window operation.

I really liked the way they sound and the stock deck has more then enough power to push out good sound with not over doing it.

They were under $200 through eBay, $300 at the store.

I put some Kenwood KFC-1789ie in my doors and they sounded kinda crappy until I dumped the stock deck and put in a Pioneer. Now they sound sweet. They handle 55 watts RMS/220 watts peak, and cost $60 bucks at Crutchfield.com although I believe that specific model has been discontinued. IMO, I would get rid of the stock deck...it is way underpowered to push anything but those paper speakers you have now.

:flag:

Have had quite some experience with speakers. If you're going for a cheaper fix, I'd say Alpine type-R's. They're around $120 depending on where you go ans the sound decent off of the stock headunit. But if you are looking for a great sound system.... Infinity Kappa Perfect component speakers being given extra juice from an amp.

Stay away from Sony IMO. They've been getting really cheap.(poor construction)

Infinity 6022SI

I just installed them in my camaro. Very nice sound for about $70.

+1.

I've had these in my 2000 for a couple of years now, and just got a set for my GMT900. Take a serious look at these. You will not be dissappointed for the money.

I agree, go cheap...a local shop stocked Memphis Audio, kinda rare, but cheaper than Pioneers and better. I think I got two ways in the door for like 90 installed, but I should have had them disconnect the original tweeters, because the combination sounds a little too "bright"...over-tweeted?

If you're not adding amplification then don't waste your money on expensive speakers....go to walmart, etc. and pickup some pioneers, etc. and you'll be happy.....anything beats the paper speakers you have now.

Definitive Answer. There is no best door speakers. Every speaker sounds a little bit different depending on the material it's made of, what material it's mounted to and the enviroment it is in. Also every ones ear is different, so what sounds amazing to me, may just sound good to you. I've installed enrty level speakers that are only a hair better than OEM and had people say they sounded amazing, when I thought yes they sound better than stock, but definitly not amazing.

You should go and listen to different brands and models of speakers, with your own ears. We can recommend some good brands & models to you, but no one can tell you the best speaker.

I personally would recommend the following:

Infinity Kappa Series or Reference series

Boston Acoustics S or SC series

Alpine Type S or Type R

Polk Audio db series or MM series

Just to name a few there are many other great brands out there, but I don't have time to list them all, and I tried to list models that are close to your price range. Again go listen and judge for yourself.

Archived