Gm Accessory Stainless Door Sill Plates

Just wondering if anyone has the GM accessory door sill plates. If so, how do they fasten? Do they replace the plastic ones already there, or do they go over them somehow?

Just wondering if anyone has the GM accessory door sill plates. If so, how do they fasten? Do they replace the plastic ones already there, or do they go over them somehow?

I am pretty sure they go on the outside of the existing plastic sills, closer to the door?

The set I put on my 97 went there and they installed with the 3M backing tape.

No.....you remove your 'stock' interior-colored door sills, then replace them with the GM ones in either Chevy or GMC variety. The replacement sills are straight stainless steel, which they better be for the pretty penny they cost. The old sills just pop out and the new ones pop in their place.

As clean as I keep my interior, I couldn't keep the Lt. Titanium stock sills from getting grimy and stained no matter how hard I tried. The stainless accessory plates are easily cleaned and look great.

If I think about it tomorrow I'll try to snap a picture...its amazing how thats usually the first thing people comment on when opening my truck door...guess its the first thing that catches their eye.

I am pretty sure they go on the outside of the existing plastic sills, closer to the door?

The set I put on my 97 went there and they installed with the 3M backing tape.

They do have these also.

If I think about it tomorrow I'll try to snap a picture...its amazing how thats usually the first thing people comment on when opening my truck door...guess its the first thing that catches their eye.

Sounds good. I wouldn't mind seeing them before I order a set...

Heres the part numbers and list prices on the "Chevrolet" sill plates and step shields....

Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Bowtie Logo, Extended Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802519 - $159.00

Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Bowtie Logo on Front Set, Crew Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802520 - $179.00

Door Sill Plates - Front Set, Bowtie Logo, Regular Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802518 - $99.00

Door Step Shields - Front and Rear Sets, For Use on Crew Cab Models, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802415 - $115.00

Door Step Shields - Front Set, Regular or Extended Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802605 - $115.00

Heres the part numbers and list prices on the "Chevrolet" sill plates and step shields....

Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Bowtie Logo, Extended Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802519 - $159.00

Door Sill Plates - Front and Rear Sets, Bowtie Logo on Front Set, Crew Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802520 - $179.00

Door Sill Plates - Front Set, Bowtie Logo, Regular Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802518 - $99.00

Door Step Shields - Front and Rear Sets, For Use on Crew Cab Models, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802415 - $115.00

Door Step Shields - Front Set, Regular or Extended Cab, Brushed Stainless Steel #17802605 - $115.00

What's the difference between the Door Sill Plates and the Door Step Shileds? I think what I'm looking for is the Door Sill Plates. Do the Step Shields go below the Sill Plates on the painted part of the door jamb?

$179 for the crewcab. Good Lord!!!

$179 for the crewcab. Good Lord!!!

$130.31 on GMpartsdirect.com

Archived