Increase My Fuel Economy

I'm happy with it now though, it's not as bad as before

The glass is ALWAYS half full. No exceptions...good way to look at it. Check your plugs and wires + Air filter.

Are your tires inflated properly? What brand are they and how much tread life is left?

Will check on air filter and plugs this weekend

What do I inflate 265/75/16 tires to?

They are Pirelli tires with about 12-13/32 remaining so they are relatively new

• 1 month later...

i have an 06 sierra with the 4.8 liter v8, 3.42, automatic, 4wd, regular cab, long bed, loaded, 265-70-17" all terrain tires, always hauling bout 200-300lbs between the tools in my truck box, 6ft ladder and wire, and i have never got less than 16 mpg, on average i get about 18-19 mpg and i do all kinds of driving for work, and of course the occasional wheeling in the mud with friends :) truck was bone stock, just added air raid cold air intake system this week, and i rarely ever run premium gas in my truck. truck has over 80,000 now. but i think the 06 4.8 liter v8 is a little diff. from the 2000 4.8 liter.

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of fuel mileage do you get with your 4.8? I'm getting only 5 km/L which is about 12.5 miles per gallon

The truck has just under 200,000 km's (so about 125,000 miles) and it is all stock with the exception of 265/75/16 tires

Anything I should check that could be causing my truck to waste more gas?

Also, truck has an auto transmission

The factory build sheet says I should be getting 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway but I'm getting half of that

You said above that your getting "5 km/L " that works out to 22.5 mpg's NOT 12.5! (5 X 4.5 =22.5)

• 1 year later...

I have a 2005 Sierra Denali with a 6liter it has the hard fiber glass box cover and I was getting 20 usMPG is there anything I can do to being these numbers up some the truck is stock with the exception of a magniflow exhaust on it

What kind of fuel mileage do you get with your 4.8? I'm getting only 5 km/L which is about 12.5 miles per gallon

The truck has just under 200,000 km's (so about 125,000 miles) and it is all stock with the exception of 265/75/16 tires

The factory build sheet says I should be getting 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway but I'm getting half of that

You said above that your getting "5 km/L " that works out to 22.5 mpg's NOT 12.5! (5 X 4.5 =22.5)

Edited by herbison243

5km = 3.1068 miles

1L = .26417 gal

Therefore 5km/1L = 3.1068 miles/.26417 gal

11.749 miles / 1 gal

• 4 months later...

2001gmcsierra

Did you ever correct your odometer and recheck your MPG etc...

[/quot

I have a 2005 Denali with 411 gears and a 6 liter awd. I'm running stock tires and have 210000 km on it. The truck has and aftermarket exhaust on it but thats the only change I know of. I'm only getting 20-21 mpg on th hwy and like 14 mpg in the city based on 3.78liters= 1 gal. how can I get more and is there a baffeling system to make back pressure in my exhaust for low end torque and then have it open for free flow at hwy speed?

e]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...