Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zackafee

Bank 1 Sensor 2

Question

Where is the bank 1 sensor 2 O2 sensor? I heard it was front passenger side and then I heard it was back drivers side. So which one is it? And do I have to replace it or can i just take it out and clean it?

0 answers to this question

Drivers side. Sensor past the cat.

I recently learned this myself, when we lost Bank 1 Sensor 1.

Bank 1 = drivers side.

Bank 2 = Passengers side.

Sensor 1 = Front sensor. (Pre-Cat)

Sensor 2 = Rear sensor. (Post Cat.)

Ok. Thanks guys. Do you think i could just take it out and clean it or should i just replace it?

Not too sure. We replaced ours with an OEM one, and not too long after lost a Cat and had to replace the Y pipe, thankfully the FED emissions warranty covered it.

Hope others will chime in.

Ok. Thanks guys. Do you think i could just take it out and clean it or should i just replace it?

If it's bad, replace it.

:rollin: Check you cats! I dropped $150 on sensors only to find that the cats were going bad. I kept getting the same code for the sensor even after replacing it.

Are your Cats in they Y pipe like ours are??

:rollin: Check you cats! I dropped $150 on sensors only to find that the cats were going bad. I kept getting the same code for the sensor even after replacing it.

No...there isnt a y-pipe. Its dual pipes from the manifolds to the muffler. The cats are both on the passenger side...pretty much under the passenger seat.

And i dont think my cats are going bad...my exhaust doesnt stink or anything...but i dunno

We had a bad O2 sensor, Bank 1 Sensor 1, which fired the Cat because of too much raw fuel going out the exhaust. Thankfully we had Fed Emissions warranty on the truck, so other than the O2 which we replaced, no cost to us.

If i have a cat go bad im just gonna get long tube headers and get rid of the cats. We dont have emissions testing here...

If i have a cat go bad im just gonna get long tube headers and get rid of the cats. We dont have emissions testing here...

YET!!

YET!!

Haha...true. Hope that doesn't happen...

Since your bad sensor is post cat I wouldn't be as worried about the cat being damaged. If it were pre-cat it could effect the fuel mixture which could damage the cat.

I had that same sensor go bad on my Yukon XL Denali. I found an AC Delco replacement online for about $80 and replaced it myself in about 15 minutes.

ADSENSE FOOTER
  • Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.