Unladen Weight

I bought an 09 Silverado 1500 Extened Cab LT 2WD last month. Very happy with it. Got my california tags today and was suprised to see that the unladen weight was 4980 pounds. Wow, it that right? Didn't realize it was such a tank. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks,

Bob

I just went across DOT scales at 5500 pounds. 3300 front axle, 2200 rear axle on my 2009 GMC ECSB Sierra 1500.

My 2004 Chev 2500HD 6.0 gasser ECSB was 6200 pounds. 3600 front axle, 2600 rear axle.

Thanks for the replys. Guess I was living in the past. My 90 K1500 reg cab was 4400 lbs.

Bob

I got a similar shock this morning. I have new tags due in October and the paper says 5200!!! Mine's a shortbed/reg cab!

That's your registered weight. Empty is much less. What's your GVWR posted on the door?

Can't read it....the darn thing is washed out. I didn't believe it at first but it makes sense. It's a 4x4. The transfer case alone is hefty, much less all the front drive running gear.

My 70 LWB was 4600 pounds....this truck is only 600 pounds heavier.

I had a 90 Chevy K1500 as well, and yes, you are correct about that weight. I knew this new truck was heavier, didn't realize how much heavier it was.

BTW, just got back from vacation, got 18 and 19 mpg on most of the trip. Very happy with that, having a 5.3 4 sp auto.

I had a 90 Chevy K1500 as well, and yes, you are correct about that weight. I knew this new truck was heavier, didn't realize how much heavier it was.

BTW, just got back from vacation, got 18 and 19 mpg on most of the trip. Very happy with that, having a 5.3 4 sp auto.

Sure speaks well for the 5.3/auto combo....moves this truck smartly and much faster than my '70 350 did.

with this link you can look up specs for different models and years...

http://media.gm.com/us/gmc/en/product_serv...cars/index.html

My '01 Yukon 4wd has a base curb weight of 5113 and a 2wd is 4878, so the 4wd adds 235lbs. Plus the base curb weight doesn't include gas, which weighs 7lbs per gallon. So my Yukon weighs in at 5295lbs with a full tank of gas. The GVWR (gross vehicle weight) is maximum weight of vehicle fully loaded with gas, passengers and cargo/luggage/etc. which is 6800lbs for my Yukon

Archived