Aeroforce Interceptor

brims

So, on August 27th I ordered my dual Interceptors, 3 days later on Sunday August 30th the Aeroforce sales person acknowledged the order. Seems kind of an odd time to do that. Wednesday rolled around, nothing else, so I sent them an email asking when my gauges might ship, I got "should ship by Friday". Friday rolled around, nothing, sent another email, Monday night got an email stating that they were sorry for the delay and upgrading my shipping for free. I think, ok, rough start, but they are making it better. Thursday (2 weeks from the order date) I receive the gauges.

I go to plug them into my truck and start setting them up, 1 at a time. I'm thinking that these are really cool and will give me the information I want. Well I grab the second gauge to start setting it up. The screen on the second gauge does not match, it's blue-green instead of blue, looks pretty weak and probably won't last long. On Thursday I sent an email early enough that they should have responded telling them that I need to send them in to get the screen fixed. Nothing, sent another on Friday, CCing sales just for good measure. Finally got a response and printed out the return form. Part of their response was "ya, we've had issues with the blue screens". Wouldn't you want to check them before they go out? You would save on man hours, shipping, and you would increase customer satisfaction. As I was writting up the information about the gauges, I noticed the version number printed on the stickers, A) didn't match each other, B) neither was the latest version. So I added this to the return form along with the bad LCD.

Early Saturday morning, like 1 a.m. I went to the post office and used the kiosk to get the shipping label. So it went out Saturday after the post office opened. They should have gotten there the following Tuesday, Wednesday I sent an email finding out if the gauges had gotten there, they said yes and would be shipped back out Thursday or Friday. Well this is now Saturday, 3 weeks 2 days after I originally ordered the gauges, and I do not have a tracking number so my gauges probably have not been shipped out.

I am not at all happy with Aeroforce Tech's customer service. It will be at least a month between ordering the gauges and getting working gauges. The gauge seemed to work as expected except for the screens not matching. With what the gauges do, I would recommend them, but their worthless customer service prevents me from actually recommending them. They don't seem to interested in getting or keeping customers.

I finally got them back from repair today. The problem with telling them to stuff it or anything like that is that it would cost me $60; I wasn't really impressed with the Dashhawk. I looked at different vendors and saw the same price or $10 reduction in price. At $400, $10 isn't much of a discount.

The gauges are drop shipped from Aeroforce unless the company preorders a bunch of gauges and hopes to move the gauges before the firmware is outdated, so either way you're dealing with Aeroforce.

Hopefully the gauges never have another issue because Aeroforce doesn't have very good customer service.

Archived