Removing Broken Exhaust Manifold Bolts

biga72

Question

Grr... just as it says, ive been having some problems with my truck which lead me to replacing the cats/y pipe.. so while it was apart i was going to install a set of shoty headers, just a cheap lil performance upgrade.. while getting ready to take off the manifolds i notice 2 bolts missing thier heads.. grr... drivers side front bolt and drivers side rear, after removing the manifold and inspecting the gaskets and broken bolts, i see that its been leaking exhaust for quit some time... anybody wanna make a few bucks and come by and remove these bolts for me? $$ one has 3/8 inch showing and the other, in rear, is broke off flush... anybody close wanting to make a few bucks????

0 answers to this question

Can't help with the work. But will advise to throw the headers in the trash unless this is some kind of race truck. I had them on mine and they were a pain in the ass to keep from leaking.

Glen

Update. Put manifold back on with remaining functional bolts... Good news truck runs well, seems the Cats were clogged and caused all my "Random cylinder misfire" problems. Bad news its leaking exhaust from the manifold/head junction.. Why again should I not put on the shorty headers? I understand it to be a pretty substantial hp increase, well for the dollars, I mean... I intended on putting on Locking Header Bolts... So are they or are they not a good add?

Grr... just as it says, ive been having some problems with my truck which lead me to replacing the cats/y pipe.. so while it was apart i was going to install a set of shoty headers, just a cheap lil performance upgrade.. while getting ready to take off the manifolds i notice 2 bolts missing thier heads.. grr... drivers side front bolt and drivers side rear, after removing the manifold and inspecting the gaskets and broken bolts, i see that its been leaking exhaust for quit some time... anybody wanna make a few bucks and come by and remove these bolts for me? $$ one has 3/8 inch showing and the other, in rear, is broke off flush... anybody close wanting to make a few bucks????

Can't help with the work. But will advise to throw the headers in the trash unless this is some kind of race truck. I had them on mine and they were a pain in the ass to keep from leaking.

Glen

Archived