Who Really Sells More Trucks?

GMCanuck

So, Ford F150 claims to be the No.01 selling truck in North America.

Okay, I've often wondered about this, and have my opinion, but does anyone know the actual numbers?

Does Ford sell more F150's than GM sells Silverado and Sierra combined? To me, that would be the REAL number.

Either way, GM still rules. :P

That statistic is kind of lame. I'm willing to bet that if they factored in the 3/4 and 1 ton market, the numbers would be much closer. They act like people only buy 1/2 ton trucks.

i dont know, i never see 3/5 1 ton gms where i live. the company i work with had 25 new 1 ton fords, most places around here use the ford as well. we used to run chevys but their front ends cant handle any of the work. as for personal trucks the ford 350 is every where. i could lose count trying to count them as i go down the street

That statistic is kind of lame. I'm willing to bet that if they factored in the 3/4 and 1 ton market, the numbers would be much closer. They act like people only buy 1/2 ton trucks.

i dont know, i never see 3/5 1 ton gms where i live. the company i work with had 25 new 1 ton fords, most places around here use the ford as well. we used to run chevys but their front ends cant handle any of the work. as for personal trucks the ford 350 is every where. i could lose count trying to count them as i go down the street

It's the complete opposite here. All I ever see is 3/4 and 1 ton GM's. Even the 3/4 ton Suburbans are pretty common to see around here.

the Ford F-series is the best selling truck (150, 250, 350, 450), not just the F-150.

Motor trend or someone posted the numbers a while ago broke down in the different sizes.

There are more 1/2 ton chevys then F-150s, but if you combined the 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton chevys and compare it to the F-series line, the F-series sells more. BUT then you combined chevy and GMC and it outsells Ford.

the Ford F-series is the best selling truck (150, 250, 350, 450), not just the F-150.

Motor trend or someone posted the numbers a while ago broke down in the different sizes.

There are more 1/2 ton chevys then F-150s, but if you combined the 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton chevys and compare it to the F-series line, the F-series sells more. BUT then you combined chevy and GMC and it outsells Ford.

Thanks for finding the actual numbers, that was interesting to see.

So, Ford F150 claims to be the No.01 selling truck in North America.

I believe they say that the F-Series was the best selling truck. Ford does not break down their sales numbers into F-150, F-25-, etc.

...but does anyone know the actual numbers?

No, only the manufacturer.

Does Ford sell more F150's than GM sells Silverado and Sierra combined? To me, that would be the REAL number.

I highly doubt it. The vast majority of months, the GM twins hand the F-150 it's ass...as they should.

Either way, GM still rules. :thumbs:

Well, of course.

Found this: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01/2008-year-end-t.html

marketshare560_2.gif

fsttable560_2.gif

For 2008:

GM - 633,609 (Chevy silverado C/K and Sierra)

Ford - 515,513 (F Series)

Interesting.

Does Ford sell more F150\'s than GM sells Silverado and Sierra combined? To me, that would be the REAL number

Here ya go: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/07/beyon...ze-pickups.html

truck-sales-chart1-500x291.jpg

And for the heavy truck crowd, there is a graph on the link. I couldn't get it to show on here.

Archived